1996 GMC Sonoma Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 GMC Sonoma
- About a Sonoma 1996 fuel Problem
- Truck dies while driving but only on warm days
- Ireplaced the map sensor but I still get code saying hi voltage map sensor. Rep
- When brakes are applied, a rush of air goes into the cab, what would cause this?
- truck will not turn over ,just clicks all my lights are on .just clicks
1996 GMC Sonoma Problems
A Loose or worn gas cap may cause Check Engine Light to illuminate.
1996 GMC Sonoma Questions
I have a problem with a 1996 Sonoma, wont start unless I pour a little gas in the breather, and when I do it starts. What is the problem?
Truck starts and runs fine during evening hours. But as soon as it starts heating up outside it will die sporadically then you wait ten minutes then it fires back up to only die again in less than 1/2 mile sometimes. Could this be caused by a failing fuel pump, and just a note. I just bought this...
Replaced plugs fuel injectors and egr valve as well. But code returns. Engine wont start. I believe all started from someone contaminated gas. Drained and treated and replaced filter as well
1996 GMC Sonoma Recalls
1996 GMC Sonoma Reviews
awesome little truck that i bought for my kids and now is a family run around vehical. Have found it very low maintenance and dependable. It might sit for 6 months then get used for 10000 miles in 2 months etc etc. With regular maitenance it has been a great little truck and i expect to have it around for many years to come!