1997 GMC Sonoma Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 GMC Sonoma
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1997 GMC Sonoma Problems
A Loose or worn gas cap may cause Check Engine Light to illuminate.
1997 GMC Sonoma Questions
Hi my 1997 GMC sonoma has been giving me problems. I was driving one day and then the engine shut off completley. The battery however was working fine and all lights were turning on. I got it towed home and used some Carb spray and it started so I assumed it was the fuel pump however the next day...
OnBrakeWill Not GoDown AndThe BrakePedal HasTo Go AllThe Way Down To Stop Now The Park BrakeLight Stays In
Vehicle has Multi-Function Stalk recently replaced; which involved he removal of dash panels. Was thinking perhaps they did something to/forgot to re-connect vac lines. Any help appreciated.
1997 GMC Sonoma Recalls
1997 GMC Sonoma Reviews
I have a 97 gmc sonoma and it stalls out at times while driving. the mechanic can't find the reason for it happening. He thought it was the module so he changed it but it stalled out again. I suggested that it might be the fuel filter but he said that was not possible. Any suggestions?
Bought 1997 Sonoma with 4.3 V6 and 5 speed Trans with 36000 miles on her. Since then I have 0ver 373000 miles on her as of today. She's one tough truck. Since New I have replaced 1 water pump, 1 fuel pump, 1 intake gasket. Believe it or not. I,m still on the original clutch, though She starting to chirp once in a while now. So my baby letting me know its getting to be time for replacement. I'm ...
one of the reasons why a fuel pump goes bad is lack of changeing the filter and the pump has to work harder to push the fuel through the system