2001 GMC Sonoma Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 GMC Sonoma
- antilock and brake lamp both come on intermittently .
- Truck dies when brake applied cant shift into drive becuz of this
- engine idles roughly runs good if i accelerate hard and a little rough cruising
- What can I do to keep the truck from dieing out, it is missing or sputtering.
- Is there a cover for the engine head for the hole rear of intake manifold
2001 GMC Sonoma Problems
A Loose or worn gas cap may cause Check Engine Light to illuminate.
2001 GMC Sonoma Questions
Just changed the fuel pump, fuel filter, and flushed radiator. Ran fine for a day then this. Checked vacuum lines and they are fine check engine light on as well.
no error codes. no check engine light. blew the head gasket at 199,000. a friend installed new head, lifters, gasket, cylinder #2. doesn't start very good either.
Can the cold start be disconnected without harming engine of a 13 year old sonomq pickup?
I have added a bottle of heat to a full tank of gas and the engine still makes chugging sound when started and some what after it warms up.
2001 GMC Sonoma Recalls
The seat belt buckles may not have been properly heat-treated during the manufacturing process. This may cause the buckles not to function correctly during a collision, which may cause injury. Dealers will replace the seat belt buckles.
2001 GMC Sonoma Reviews
my 2001 sonoma is giving me a hard time
I have a 2001 GMC Sonoma with 139K wit a 2.2L 4.... Great engine never had a problem with it, Just needs a little more power.... Had transmission flush and a coolant flush wit a new water pump... And at some point A/C clutch went out :( other than that a very strong truck!!! :D