2002 Mazda Protege Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Mazda Protege
- I just bought a mazda protege dx 5 speed at 70,000 miles. Any advice?
- will driving my mazda protege battery light came on and stay on .
- Whats wrong if my car battery light come on and it start to overheating?
- my heater blower motor works only in high speed, why?
- why will my car not start it just died out one day and will not start no more
2002 Mazda Protege Problems
The timing belt tensioner pulley may make a squealing noise from the timing cover area on cold startup. An updated tensioner with a thicker mounting bracket to eliminate vibration may be needed to solve the problem.
An electrically shorted air flow sensor can cause a crank-no start condition. Diagnosis may show that ignition spark is normal, and there are no trouble codes stored.
A loose or corroded ground terminal on the driver's side of the cylinder head can cause a rough idle, misfires, and there may be trouble codes. Restore the ground to the cylinder head.
2002 Mazda Protege Questions
I had the rotors replaced, and am wondering what else should be given my attention. The check engine light came on with a code reading P0455 - Evaporative Emission System Leak Detected (Large Leak) Whats the worst I can expect? thank you