2002 Mazda Protege Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Mazda Protege
- will driving my mazda protege battery light came on and stay on .
- Whats wrong if my car battery light come on and it start to overheating?
- my heater blower motor works only in high speed, why?
- why will my car not start it just died out one day and will not start no more
- why will my car not start it just died out one day and will not turn over.
2002 Mazda Protege Problems
The timing belt tensioner pulley may make a squealing noise from the timing cover area on cold startup. An updated tensioner with a thicker mounting bracket to eliminate vibration may be needed to solve the problem.
An electrically shorted air flow sensor can cause a crank-no start condition. Diagnosis may show that ignition spark is normal, and there are no trouble codes stored.
Misfires under load (acceleration) can be caused by leaky spark plug boots. When a spark plug boot leaks, it allows the spark to arc, or jump, to the cylinder head. New spark plug wires will be needed.