2002 Mazda Protege Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Mazda Protege
- Why is my mazda shaking at idling and missing, check engine light flashing
- I just bought a mazda protege dx 5 speed at 70,000 miles. Any advice?
- will driving my mazda protege battery light came on and stay on .
- Whats wrong if my car battery light come on and it start to overheating?
- my heater blower motor works only in high speed, why?
2002 Mazda Protege Problems
The timing belt tensioner pulley may make a squealing noise from the timing cover area on cold startup. An updated tensioner with a thicker mounting bracket to eliminate vibration may be needed to solve the problem.
An electrically shorted air flow sensor can cause a crank-no start condition. Diagnosis may show that ignition spark is normal, and there are no trouble codes stored.
A loose or corroded ground terminal on the driver's side of the cylinder head can cause a rough idle, misfires, and there may be trouble codes. Restore the ground to the cylinder head.
2002 Mazda Protege Questions
I got my mazda in February. The overdrive light has been flashing since I got it, and hasn't worked. My check engine light came on about two weeks later. Now my car is shaking at stop and take off until around 20 mph, and missing a little. My check engine light is now flashing constantly. My ...
I had the rotors replaced, and am wondering what else should be given my attention. The check engine light came on with a code reading P0455 - Evaporative Emission System Leak Detected (Large Leak) Whats the worst I can expect? thank you