1997 Mazda Protege Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Mazda Protege
- Air conditioner blows hot, what could other can it possibly be.
- The o/d off light keeps blinking and the speedometer doesn't function
- have a 97 protégé will crank but not start
- why cant we bleed the lines after replacing the master slave, and slave cylinder
- what are the procedure for changing struts. does this need any special tools
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1997 Mazda Protege Problems
The timing belt tensioner pulley may make a squealing noise from the timing cover area on cold startup. An updated tensioner with a thicker mounting bracket to eliminate vibration may be needed to solve the problem.
An electrically shorted air flow sensor can cause a crank-no start condition. Diagnosis may show that ignition spark is normal, and there are no trouble codes stored.
Misfires under load (acceleration) can be caused by leaky spark plug boots. When a spark plug boot leaks, it allows the spark to arc, or jump, to the cylinder head. New spark plug wires will be needed.
1997 Mazda Protege Questions
we tried bleeding by pushing in and out the clutch..it wont get pressure....clutch still no pressure.
how hard is it to chance the struts
Can somebody answer me if u try to give it gas it want take it it falls on its nose
1997 Mazda Protege Reviews
i cant say enough good about my 97 Mazda Protege....Nick named the MAZDARATTI.....it`s a great little car that I commute in 63 miles around trip 4 days a week.... gets 33 mpg.. thats 335 miles on a tank of gas.my car has 153000 but now needs a new clutch,which is what brought me to this forum.I plan to put 50,000 more miles on it after the clutch repair at a asian only mechanic.low miataina...