2001 Mazda Protege Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Mazda Protege
- The ABS & brake lights come on simultaneously sporadically; what does that mean?
- Oil light turned on can it shut down your car?
- my mazda protege is ran hot thermostat went bad I fixed it
- when I turn the wheel left as far as it will go,
- how do I stop the alarm. can it be disconnected? don't know what set it off. the
2001 Mazda Protege Problems
The timing belt tensioner pulley may make a squealing noise from the timing cover area on cold startup. An updated tensioner with a thicker mounting bracket to eliminate vibration may be needed to solve the problem.
An electrically shorted air flow sensor can cause a crank-no start condition. Diagnosis may show that ignition spark is normal, and there are no trouble codes stored.
Misfires under load (acceleration) can be caused by leaky spark plug boots. When a spark plug boot leaks, it allows the spark to arc, or jump, to the cylinder head. New spark plug wires will be needed.
2001 Mazda Protege Questions
If the oil light turns on can it shut down the motor? Motor did not rattle. What can also make the car shut down if it is not the oil light?
I feel a wobble or shimmy in the front left wheel, and it the tire might be having trouble rolling.
2001 Mazda Protege Recalls
Some left rear brake hoses were damaged upon vehicle assembly. A damaged brake hose could lead to brake failure. Dealers will inspect and replace the hose as necessary.