2001 Mazda Protege Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Mazda Protege
- my mazda protege is ran hot thermostat went bad I fixed it
- when I turn the wheel left as far as it will go,
- how do I stop the alarm. can it be disconnected? don't know what set it off. the
- alarm goes nothing stops it battery is going down. any ideas ?
- crank/no start condition after changing a/c compressor, & receiver/dryer.
2001 Mazda Protege Problems
The timing belt tensioner pulley may make a squealing noise from the timing cover area on cold startup. An updated tensioner with a thicker mounting bracket to eliminate vibration may be needed to solve the problem.
An electrically shorted air flow sensor can cause a crank-no start condition. Diagnosis may show that ignition spark is normal, and there are no trouble codes stored.
Misfires under load (acceleration) can be caused by leaky spark plug boots. When a spark plug boot leaks, it allows the spark to arc, or jump, to the cylinder head. New spark plug wires will be needed.
2001 Mazda Protege Questions
I feel a wobble or shimmy in the front left wheel, and it the tire might be having trouble rolling.
I just changed my TPS Sensor and put everything back together. Went to turn the car on and the engine will not crank. I do have battery but no response when turning the key. Any possible diagnosis would be a help.
2001 mazda protege
2001 Mazda Protege Recalls
Some left rear brake hoses were damaged upon vehicle assembly. A damaged brake hose could lead to brake failure. Dealers will inspect and replace the hose as necessary.