1994 Mazda Protege Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 Mazda Protege
- what else can I try or fix to stop overheating.
- why is when I turn right or left at low speed, there is a clunking sound
- Car randomly died while driving, won't start back up.
- to replace the tension spring on the brakes do i have to take it to a specialist
- Why would my car sputter, skip or misfire when I start it.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1994 Mazda Protege Problems
The timing belt tensioner pulley may make a squealing noise from the timing cover area on cold startup. An updated tensioner with a thicker mounting bracket to eliminate vibration may be needed to solve the problem.
An electrically shorted air flow sensor can cause a crank-no start condition. Diagnosis may show that ignition spark is normal, and there are no trouble codes stored.
Misfires under load (acceleration) can be caused by leaky spark plug boots. When a spark plug boot leaks, it allows the spark to arc, or jump, to the cylinder head. New spark plug wires will be needed.
1994 Mazda Protege Questions
I have replaced radiator,thermostat,head gasket,and thermostat housing flushed system refiled with straight antifreeze,and wired both fans direct with toggle switch and still am overheating.
had trouble brakes click when stoping car, it does not click when turning
i smelled burning then battery light popped on an steering locked up..i made it home but the temp guage stayed high
1994 Mazda Protege Reviews
What can i cay ... i love my little "Champ" . I own a 1994 protege , SOHC 1.8 , 5speed. I paid $50 !!!! for it and have only put about $100 into it. The previous owner didnt know (or want) to put a timing belt in it. So i saved it from the junk pile.....I have not had a single problem with it. it had 112,000 on it when i got it and now its well on its way to 200,000!!! LONG LIVE THE "CHAMP...