1996 Mazda Protege Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Mazda Protege
- My car starts but when i take my foot of the gas it cuts off
- i just replaced my water pump and now it cranks but does not start
- I was driving up a hill my Mazda started making a wining noise and it stopped
- how do I change out the clutch on this car like what are the steps
- Wont start it crank but no start
1996 Mazda Protege Problems
The timing belt tensioner pulley may make a squealing noise from the timing cover area on cold startup. An updated tensioner with a thicker mounting bracket to eliminate vibration may be needed to solve the problem.
An electrically shorted air flow sensor can cause a crank-no start condition. Diagnosis may show that ignition spark is normal, and there are no trouble codes stored.
A loose or corroded ground terminal on the driver's side of the cylinder head can cause a rough idle, misfires, and there may be trouble codes. Restore the ground to the cylinder head.
1996 Mazda Protege Questions
and replaced the fuel pump but the gas is not going to the motor
how do I change out the clutch on this car like what are the stepsi need to know the easiest steps to replacing the clutch
I have replace everything on this car from the dstribuitor to the ignition switch and nothing no light no radio no power window i lost all power to the interior of the car don't know what to do please help