1998 Mazda Protege Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Mazda Protege
- bought a new exhaust manifold with gaskets, need to know roughly how much it will cost to have it installed??
- exhaust manifold leaks< bougt a new one just need to have it installed. how much
- how come my OC light flashes while I'm driving and the check engine light turns on solid then it feels kind of like it downshiftsor like it stays in neutral but it still runs poorlyit doesn't overheat or nothing
- How Much does it Cost to Car Radiator
- what could cause 15 minutes of cranking b4 car starts
1998 Mazda Protege Problems
The timing belt tensioner pulley may make a squealing noise from the timing cover area on cold startup. An updated tensioner with a thicker mounting bracket to eliminate vibration may be needed to solve the problem.
An electrically shorted air flow sensor can cause a crank-no start condition. Diagnosis may show that ignition spark is normal, and there are no trouble codes stored.
A loose or corroded ground terminal on the driver's side of the cylinder head can cause a rough idle, misfires, and there may be trouble codes. Restore the ground to the cylinder head.
1998 Mazda Protege Questions
my O/d light turns on it blinks and the check engine light stay solid yellowand ask if I'm going 35 40 miles per hour I like goes into neutral or shifts down and when I park and leave it in park sounds like the engine is celebrated
can buy online a radiator for around $100,and give to you to be fix just to save cost. Thanks Michael (Aus)
1998 Mazda Protege Reviews
Had this car for a few years and have only had to replace a CV joint and still runs strong at 160000 miles.