My villager has about 150000, and just recently had a ticking in the upper engine, cap and rotor was burnt, just replaced but still ticks, sounds almost like a diesel. Had the problem about 1000 miles before shop found two plugs loose and plug wire loose, checked those items and were all tight, so what else could it be? Check engine light does not even come on.
Ticking in upper engine area on 1993 Mercury Villager
This week's top 10
Recent Mercury Villager Questions
- does the knock sensor have to be replace or could it be something else?
- Where is the fuel pump located in the 1997 Mercury Villager
- where is the fuel pump located
- Turn key won't start hit starter then starts do i have to change starter or
- speedometer drops to 0 while driving, odometer not registering all miles
1993 Mercury Villager Estimates
- Shock Absorber Replacement - Rear ($180 - $295) in Seminole, AL
- Ignition Cap and Rotor Replacement ($84 - $139) in Metcalf, IL
- Fuel Injector Replacement ($423 - $560) in Moretown, VT
- Brake Pad Replacement ($204 - $301) in Corning, KS
- Noise Diagnosis ($61 - $78) in Shawnee on Delaware, PA
- Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($174 - $185) in Macon, GA