My villager has about 150000, and just recently had a ticking in the upper engine, cap and rotor was burnt, just replaced but still ticks, sounds almost like a diesel. Had the problem about 1000 miles before shop found two plugs loose and plug wire loose, checked those items and were all tight, so what else could it be? Check engine light does not even come on.
Ticking in upper engine area on 1993 Mercury Villager
This week's top 10
Recent Mercury Villager Questions
- under the steering wheel
- oil leake, friend says its harmonic gasket behind pulley. how much repair?
- I Have replaced the distributor but now it won't start it turns over but won't
- Oil leakage under carriage. Can't seem to find where it's coming from.
- What will cause the engine to suddenly start knocking without any noises prior?
1993 Mercury Villager Estimates
- 145,000 Mile Service ($150 - 216) in Seminole, AL
- 55,000 Mile Service ($150 - 216) in Metcalf, IL
- 35,000 Mile Service ($150 - 216) in Moretown, VT
- General Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Corning, KS
- Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement ($228 - 306) in Shawnee on Delaware, PA
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($334 - 402) in Macon, GA