Close
Car Questions
RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance

Blower Wire/Power Window Wire Overheating at Ignition Switch

(1993 Dodge D250)
in Round Top, TX on February 27, 2011
The Blk/Org Wire coming out of the ignition switch to the fuse box is overheating. Problem was discovered after power windows stopped working and having to jiggle the key to make it work. The wires continue to overheat when held together and operating the windows and blower motor either independently or at the same time. I changed the motor. Used a jump wire from the battery to the Blk/Org wire. Any other suggestions. This has had me baffled for over a year now. Your help would be appreciated.
Displaying 1 answers & 0 comments
Popular Answer
on March 04, 2011
All wiring connectors in that particular circuit should be replaced. Any wires and connectors which show signs of overheating, loose connections etc. will have high resistance exasperating the condition
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide. Learn more

Similar Questions

View answers to similar questions from RepairPal's community of auto experts and enthusiasts.
When I start it sounds good I put a new oil pan new oil pump course oil change new spark plugs new distributor and ro...
My transmission started slipping mechanic said tourk converter was bad had it unsalted in the process transmission fr...
Didn't find what you were looking for?