Mercedes-Benz C280 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz C280
- Trunk Springs May Break and Cause Trunk Lid to Fall When Opened
- Interior Wood Trim/Dash Pads Crack Due to Age and Sun Exposure
- Control Flaps May Fail Due to Leaking Vacuum Manifold for Climate Control Actuator
- Brake Lights May Not Operate Due to Failed Rear Tail Light Housings
- Cracked Driveshaft Flex Discs May Cause Driveshaft Movement/Vibration
- My 1999 C280 slips into neutral while driving it, particularly when turning.
- Engine turns on, but will not accelerate when gas pedal pushed.
- What are the most common hoses to fail in 1999 c280, that I should replace( 200k miles)?
- display/control panel for auto,ec,temp, cont etc.does't light up. Poss. fuse?
- My air conditioner and heat don't work.Are they related
Mercedes-Benz C280 Problems
Trunk springs can break and cause the trunk lid to fall back down when opened.
The interior wood trim and dash pad are likely to crack due to age and sun exposure.
The vacuum manifold for the climate control actuator may develop a leak, This can cause poor or no operation of the air delivery and temperature control flaps.
Mercedes-Benz C280 Questions
When I turn the car off and restart it, it works fine. Could this be electrical as oppose to the transmission?
The engine actually shakes the car. The car will not move no matter what gear. Check engine light is on. My mechanic ran the code, and it suggested it is a bad anti-theft sensor, and that the car shaking and failure to engage gear is actually the expected result (can't steal the car!)
Mercedes-Benz C280 Recalls
There is a faulty software calibration that affects several areas including shutting off the fuel supply in a collision. This could cause a fire hazard during an accident. Dealers will reprogram this software. The Mercedes-Benz recall number is 2008 070001. This recall began during August, 2008.
Certain passenger vehicles equipped with sport model steering wheels fail to comply with the requirements of the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard # 208 "Occupant Crash Protection"In certain tests conducted by NHTSA, using an unbelted female crash test dummy, conditions were found that occupants may not be properly protected during a crash, resulting in injuries. Dealers will install a new airbag module free of charge. The Mercedes recall # is 2006020005
Mercedes-Benz C280 Reviews
my 1996 MB280 has been a very great car as well as reliable. But recently the dash board and all its functions quit working.Has anybody else experienced this problem?If so please let me know on what fixed the problem.
I just purchased this car this past Monday for 2800.00 , and its been great. my trustworthy mechanic/ like big bro gave it a 45 minute check up and gave it a B+ overall . it has 80,000-83,000 miles with a brand new motor put in in Sept. 2010. I by no means am a flashy chica i dont think i have the personality for a Benz , having said that , it feels good to drive it, and the title's in my nam...
I have had zero problems with my c280. I have a lenghty work commute and it has been such a reliable vehicle. We had a very snowy winter last year. This car was amazing in the snow!