Mercedes-Benz C280 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz C280
- Trunk Springs May Break and Cause Trunk Lid to Fall When Opened
- Interior Wood Trim/Dash Pads Crack Due to Age and Sun Exposure
- Control Flaps May Fail Due to Leaking Vacuum Manifold for Climate Control Actuator
- Brake Lights May Not Operate Due to Failed Rear Tail Light Housings
- Cracked Driveshaft Flex Discs May Cause Driveshaft Movement/Vibration
- Temp gage increases when a/c runs is this normal? Would coolant flush help?
- all of my fuses are good but head light will come on
- how well does this car drive in snow if I were to put 4 studded snows on it?
- When do you know if you are having electrical problems?
- My engine won't turn over sometimes. Battery is good. Is this an electrical prob
Mercedes-Benz C280 Problems
Trunk springs can break and cause the trunk lid to fall back down when opened.
The interior wood trim and dash pad are likely to crack due to age and sun exposure.
The vacuum manifold for the climate control actuator may develop a leak, This can cause poor or no operation of the air delivery and temperature control flaps.
Mercedes-Benz C280 Questions
I am contemplating taking this car to the Rockies Dec-April instead of 4x4 jeep GC and am wondering if it will be OK
cost of replacing windshield wiper motor
car has not been started in two years. Put in a new batterey but no power to any systtem not even lights. Fuse problem? battery is good
Mercedes-Benz C280 Recalls
There is a faulty software calibration that affects several areas including shutting off the fuel supply in a collision. This could cause a fire hazard during an accident. Dealers will reprogram this software. The Mercedes-Benz recall number is 2008 070001. This recall began during August, 2008.
Certain passenger vehicles equipped with sport model steering wheels fail to comply with the requirements of the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard # 208 "Occupant Crash Protection"In certain tests conducted by NHTSA, using an unbelted female crash test dummy, conditions were found that occupants may not be properly protected during a crash, resulting in injuries. Dealers will install a new airbag module free of charge. The Mercedes recall # is 2006020005
Mercedes-Benz C280 Reviews
my 1996 MB280 has been a very great car as well as reliable. But recently the dash board and all its functions quit working.Has anybody else experienced this problem?If so please let me know on what fixed the problem.
I just purchased this car this past Monday for 2800.00 , and its been great. my trustworthy mechanic/ like big bro gave it a 45 minute check up and gave it a B+ overall . it has 80,000-83,000 miles with a brand new motor put in in Sept. 2010. I by no means am a flashy chica i dont think i have the personality for a Benz , having said that , it feels good to drive it, and the title's in my nam...
I got this car new and have never sorry. I love it and after warranty expired I cannot think of any major repairs I have had to make--just the usual maintenance upkeep. Love my little car and it is the most comfortable car to drive on long trips.