Reviews for Mercedes-Benz C280 years:

Mercedes-Benz C280 Reviews and Owner Comments

Mercedes-Benz C280Owner Reviews (24 reviews)
  • 2007 Mercedes-Benz C280
    Visitor, Gorham, ME, January 19, 2014 17:31
    brakes have a squeal even after shoes and rotors replaced. Motor mnts needed to be replaced after 70k
  • 2000 Mercedes-Benz C280
    Visitor, Arlington, TX, August 19, 2013 07:47
    cant open cd player
  • 2007 Mercedes-Benz C280
    Visitor, Lynn, MA, March 29, 2013 12:30
    HEADLIGHTS HAS CONDENSATION ON BOTH SIDES. DOES NOT DISSIPATE EVEN ON SUNNY DAYS.
  • 1995 Mercedes-Benz C280
    antj1536, Philadelphia, PA, February 24, 2013 09:18
    I,m having problems with my key opening my driver side door in the key give me problem to start my car i have to play with it to get it to start my car up I JUST GOT A turn up coil change in wires change spark plugs change now my check engine came on it was;nt on before i had the work done
  • 1995 Mercedes-Benz C280
    Visitor, Roma, TX, January 14, 2013 18:12
    Hi everybody: Recently my C280 is expulsing the coolant from the reserve container when the temp. its around 80ÂșC, Do you know the cause? Thanks in advance for your kindly response.
    Tommy 280, Bradenton, FL, July 08, 2012 16:40
    Have had the vehicle only a few months, it has 145,000 miles and still looks and runs like new. Only problem is head liner is starting to fall.
    will smith, Columbus, OH, June 29, 2012 16:49
    I bought the used but I love it did replace drive train but other than that no problems it has 183,000 miles on it i have had it two years been all over in it.
  • 1998 Mercedes-Benz C280
    Visitor, Glendale Heights, IL, April 24, 2012 11:01
    mercedes benz c280 sport : the worst thing while buying this car was when my wife wanted to leave me if i bought it home and i did ....lol forget the rest .....its the best merc iv seen iv tried the new ones but this one is a complete sedan package id give it a A+ anytime even though i have a 144,000 miles on it i aint gonna sell it because you know what if honda says there cars are good till 300000 then why the hell cant a merc after all it is the best pure car out there today
    Visitor, Reston, VA, October 05, 2011 08:04
    drives great
  • 1996 Mercedes-Benz C280
    Visitor, Fresno, CA, September 22, 2011 22:33
    my 1996 MB280 has been a very great car as well as reliable. But recently the dash board and all its functions quit working.Has anybody else experienced this problem?If so please let me know on what fixed the problem.
    Visitor, Arlington, VA, May 11, 2011 07:34
    After having driven hundreds of cars in 40 years, this is my favorite, hands down. Bought it 5 years ago with 30k miles, now I have 140k and it still hasn't given me a reason to sell it. A few things I had to do early on and they were expensive; head gasket and oil pan gasket replaced, water pump replaced, and about $2k into the transmission. Everything else has been sensor related. 29+ mpg at 70mpg! unbelievable turning radius, quiet and really comfortable. The best city car you can drive.
    leerichan, Salem, UT, March 17, 2011 12:03
    Top Dawg, this 1994 C280 (W202). Have owned about 18-20 Mercedes since 1970s and this is light, tight, and just right. Sporty, nimble, economical (28-30 mpg), and dependable. Only replaced bulbs and filters; use synthetic oil (best gas mileage). Somewhat quirky wiring-- freaky door locking, radio sometimes out-- but all in all it's great. Clear coat paint now beginning to peel but car wasn't garaged so it's probably my fault after 17 years.
    Visitor, Richmond, VA, February 12, 2011 18:58
    I just purchased this car this past Monday for 2800.00 , and its been great. my trustworthy mechanic/ like big bro gave it a 45 minute check up and gave it a B+ overall . it has 80,000-83,000 miles with a brand new motor put in in Sept. 2010. I by no means am a flashy chica i dont think i have the personality for a Benz , having said that , it feels good to drive it, and the title's in my name(i may never have another one in my name so ......drink it in.......) and it got sick a$$ rims, and IM SCARED TO DEATH I WONT BE ABLE TO MANAGE THE UPKEEP CAN SOMEONE POST WHAT KIND OF THINGS NEED TO BE CHECKED MONTHLY OR YEARLY besides oil changes , tune-ups etc.
    Visitor, Clovis, CA, November 30, 2010 13:59
    I got this car new and have never sorry. I love it and after warranty expired I cannot think of any major repairs I have had to make--just the usual maintenance upkeep. Love my little car and it is the most comfortable car to drive on long trips.
    wendykh, San Antonio, TX, November 30, 2010 04:55
    2nd owner. Only 4 problems we have had, replacing head lamp bulbs, noise in front wheel area, possible brake,idle arm, or tie rod (going to get it checked), headliner came down in rear of vehicle (could have been last summer when my children decided to use it to do lawn work and leaving a can of gasoline in the trunk, I believe the vapors caused it. The biggest problem is hiding the keys from my 21 year old and his 18 year old twin brothers.
  • 2006 Mercedes-Benz C280
    Visitor, Libby, MT, November 22, 2010 21:53
    love my car. i was rear ended in tn right after i bought it. not even 3000 miles on it. the police were shocked at the minimul damage to my car compared to the truck. the head rest pop apart as a saftey featuure. the officer said it best. you could not pick a better car to be in a accident in. well when i bougt it they said milage was around 19-26mpg. well i have been getting around 28-33mpg. love my car. i test drove over the weekend befor buying this one over 100 cars. some i had the dealer drive back because of the vibration. i have nerve damage and it is nice being able to drive again with out it killing me. thanks mercedes benz
    200sam, El Cajon, CA, November 22, 2010 21:52
    How do you spell B-U-L-L-E-T-P-R-O-O-F ??? Never had a better car and believe me I have had many. At 215,000 miles (and had it since 30,000) and it has never put a foot wrong. Economical, reliable, comfortable, really well-built inside and out. Great engine. Here is the COMPLETE list of non-routine repairs we have made to it: - Aircon compressor - 02 sensor (maybe 2) - Water pump - Some auto transmission issue during the warranty. The only criticisms: The not so great radio reception and the electrical style accelerator linkage that makes a different feel to mechanical type. Other MB's have been great too but this beats those and the MANY other cars we have had.
  • 2006 Mercedes-Benz C280
    Visitor, Canonsburg, PA, November 22, 2010 21:52
    I have had zero problems with my c280. I have a lenghty work commute and it has been such a reliable vehicle. We had a very snowy winter last year. This car was amazing in the snow!
  • 1998 Mercedes-Benz C280
    Visitor, Olympia, WA, August 31, 2010 15:55
    Bought it used 5 yrs ago with 100k I have 209K changed tires , idler pulley, the rubber donut for the tranny to driveshaft. drives better than the other MB's Ive got.
    Visitor, Bloomington, IL, July 02, 2010 09:41
    Don't listen to wannabe mercedes owners, this car is cheaper to maintain than most american or jap cars. The down time is so minimal you forget going to mechanic. If you have common sense a bit of desire to fix it and 20 bucks to get an alldata.com online subscription you are set. I almost forgot try to stay away of dealers with the exception of the diagnostic and for that I highly recommend going to dealer. in 6 years I put 90k miles on my C280 Sport and spent almost 2000$ all together (minus tires and oil change but those are common sense). The MPG hwy is 29 and city 23. I couldn't ask for more from any car, anyway ..if you want a good TV set get a Jap one if you want a real car get a German one ...and if you want a great burger go to Wendy's.
  • 1996 Mercedes-Benz C280
    Visitor, Senatobia, MS, May 17, 2010 20:59
    Had this car for a couple years now actually, I found mine in a junk yard, paid 200 dollars for it because somebody was in a wreck that just messed up one of the fenders and thought it was broken now, I love idiots, anyway, it has about 200,000 miles on it and still drives better than anything else I've ever ridden in. I had to replace the heads on it when I first got it but that was just because of the wreck it had been in, but I haven't had any problems with it that weren't easy to deal with, being kind of old, the headliner started to fall so I tacked it back up, the power steering was going out so I just put a new pump in, one of the fan belts broke and knocked loose my transmission fluid line but i just put a new line and belt on it, and these are the only problems I've had after a couple of years, and none of the repairs have cost me more than a couple dollars just getting parts and things from junk yards, if you know what you're doing, it can be a great car, and it has to be a good car if it's lasted this long for me, I drive like I'm in Nascar and it still drives as smooth as the day I got it. Beautiful car, and amazing quality
    Visitor, Dallas, TX, April 27, 2010 15:15
    Great Car, Milleage, Driving, But Expensive to keep it Like a Brand New. IF YOU RICH WANNABE DON'T BUY IT!!! It will cost your salary.
    Visitor, Wilmington, DE, March 27, 2010 22:29
    I am very disappointed with Mercedes-Benz, my clear coat and the bumper is peeling all over the car. I called the dealer in Wilmington De, they informed me that the paint was under warranty for only one year. They talked to me like I was nothing because the car is a 1999, i understood when i purcahsed this car that Mercedes would stand behind their cars. Not this time, and I will never go back. It will cost me $5k to get this car painted, I as a single woman who invested in what I thought was a safe and well built car is now driving around in a MERCEDES with PAINT PEELING front and back. the seats work when they want to , the gas hand drops when it wants to and the side panel seems to be rusting. When i take my car to body shops they ask if the car has been in a wreck and if Mercedes will honor the paint warranty. I'm disappointed and i will never purchase another mercedes or recommend the cars to anyone. They are only good to lease!!!
    Dneka90020, Los Angeles, CA, November 22, 2009 18:27
    I absolutely love this car ~ i have had it for about 5 years and can say that its a very reliable car. Very expensive to fix things but all in all its definitely worth it.