1996 Mercedes-Benz C280 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Mercedes-Benz C280
- Trunk Springs May Break and Cause Trunk Lid to Fall When Opened
- Interior Wood Trim/Dash Pads Crack Due to Age and Sun Exposure
- Control Flaps May Fail Due to Leaking Vacuum Manifold for Climate Control Actuator
- Brake Lights May Not Operate Due to Failed Rear Tail Light Housings
- Cracked Driveshaft Flex Discs May Cause Driveshaft Movement/Vibration
- I can not get the doors to lock, or the trunk to unlock with the key manually.
- Our windshield wipers on our Mercedes don't work. We've had the relay replaced
- what would cause grinding sound from rear wheel[left]?
- why does the fuel pump shut off before the tank is full.
- 1996 mercedes benz c280 engine not firing when engine gets hot
1996 Mercedes-Benz C280 Problems
Trunk springs can break and cause the trunk lid to fall back down when opened.
The interior wood trim and dash pad are likely to crack due to age and sun exposure.
The vacuum manifold for the climate control actuator may develop a leak, This can cause poor or no operation of the air delivery and temperature control flaps.
1996 Mercedes-Benz C280 Questions
by a reputable garage SEVERAL times over the past few years. They work for a while and then sputter and stop. This will be our 4th relay replacement. Is this normal?
the sound is not constant and doesn't do it in reverse. when I turn the wheel to the left it sometimes will stop until I straighten the wheel.The car sat for a few weeks and when driven there was no noise for a few miles. Then it started and I jerked the wheel hard to the left and the noise ...
It was dark out, all lights stayed on. The ets light on dash came on,I coasted into a parking lot when I tried to restart the red and green lights on the rear view mirror will flash, the key fob seems to work you press the button and the mirror red light will flash hit the button again the mirror...
1996 Mercedes-Benz C280 Recalls
1996 Mercedes-Benz C280 Reviews
my 1996 MB280 has been a very great car as well as reliable. But recently the dash board and all its functions quit working.Has anybody else experienced this problem?If so please let me know on what fixed the problem.
Had this car for a couple years now actually, I found mine in a junk yard, paid 200 dollars for it because somebody was in a wreck that just messed up one of the fenders and thought it was broken now, I love idiots, anyway, it has about 200,000 miles on it and still drives better than anything else I've ever ridden in. I had to replace the heads on it when I first got it but that was just becau...