2006 Mercedes-Benz C280 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Mercedes-Benz C280
- Interior Wood Trim/Dash Pads Crack Due to Age and Sun Exposure
- Cracked Driveshaft Flex Discs May Cause Driveshaft Movement/Vibration
- Engine Performance Problems Due to Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure
- Brake Light Switch Failure May Cause ESP/BAS Warning Lights
- Replace Brake Rotors When Pads are Worn and Squeaking
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
2006 Mercedes-Benz C280 Problems
The interior wood trim and dash pad are likely to crack due to age and sun exposure.
A vibration felt through the center floor of the vehicle can be caused by cracked and/or shredded driveshaft flex discs, resulting in excessive driveshaft movement. If not repaired, damage to the driveshaft center support bearing, transmission, or differential can occur.
The crankshaft position sensor may fail. Symptoms of this are: The engine will crank—but not start—especially when the engine is warm. The car may start again if it is left to cool off, but it may run roughly or have poor performance.
2006 Mercedes-Benz C280 Questions
the dash is giving me a service signal with wrenches on it. Its saying that I need service in 300
have oil sensor but can't located on outside of engine block or oil pan
the car acts sluggish i cleared the codes and check engine light but it came back again car also cuts of sometime in drive . it takes a long time to start
2006 Mercedes-Benz C280 Recalls
There is a faulty software calibration that affects several areas including shutting off the fuel supply in a collision. This could cause a fire hazard during an accident. Dealers will reprogram this software. The Mercedes-Benz recall number is 2008 070001. This recall began during August, 2008.
Certain passenger vehicles equipped with sport model steering wheels fail to comply with the requirements of the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard # 208 "Occupant Crash Protection"In certain tests conducted by NHTSA, using an unbelted female crash test dummy, conditions were found that occupants may not be properly protected during a crash, resulting in injuries. Dealers will install a new airbag module free of charge. The Mercedes recall # is 2006020005
2006 Mercedes-Benz C280 Reviews
I have had zero problems with my c280. I have a lenghty work commute and it has been such a reliable vehicle. We had a very snowy winter last year. This car was amazing in the snow!
love my car. i was rear ended in tn right after i bought it. not even 3000 miles on it. the police were shocked at the minimul damage to my car compared to the truck. the head rest pop apart as a saftey featuure. the officer said it best. you could not pick a better car to be in a accident in. well when i bougt it they said milage was around 19-26mpg. well i have been getting around 28-33mp...