1997 Mercedes-Benz C280 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Mercedes-Benz C280
- Trunk Springs May Break and Cause Trunk Lid to Fall When Opened
- Interior Wood Trim/Dash Pads Crack Due to Age and Sun Exposure
- Control Flaps May Fail Due to Leaking Vacuum Manifold for Climate Control Actuator
- Brake Lights May Not Operate Due to Failed Rear Tail Light Housings
- Cracked Driveshaft Flex Discs May Cause Driveshaft Movement/Vibration
- MY TACHOMETER SPEEDOMETER AND FUEL GAGES DO NOT WORK WHEN ENGINE IS RUNNING?
- How do I replace my horn on the right side of my 1997 Mercedes 280?
- where is the horn located on my 1997 Mercedes c280
- WHAT CAUSES A 1997 C180 NOT TO RAVE BUT WILL ONLY IDLE UPON STARTING.
- My exterior light switch is stripped how to fix
1997 Mercedes-Benz C280 Problems
Trunk springs can break and cause the trunk lid to fall back down when opened.
The interior wood trim and dash pad are likely to crack due to age and sun exposure.
The vacuum manifold for the climate control actuator may develop a leak, This can cause poor or no operation of the air delivery and temperature control flaps.
1997 Mercedes-Benz C280 Questions
at first the motor wasn't running then it hit a bump and turned on and now it won't turn off
Not a big issue on this, just want to make sure it remains a small problem. The high beam lever on the steering column works fine when you push it forward as it's supposed to, but when you pull it back toward you for just a quick flash of high beams it no longer works. It used to, it stopped ...
Replaced the lock and cylinder and a new battery.Turn the ignition on and the starter starts to engage than the lights on dash come on,than there is nothing.What could be the problem?
1997 Mercedes-Benz C280 Reviews
After having driven hundreds of cars in 40 years, this is my favorite, hands down. Bought it 5 years ago with 30k miles, now I have 140k and it still hasn't given me a reason to sell it. A few things I had to do early on and they were expensive; head gasket and oil pan gasket replaced, water pump replaced, and about $2k into the transmission. Everything else has been sensor related. 29+ mpg ...
Have had the vehicle only a few months, it has 145,000 miles and still looks and runs like new. Only problem is head liner is starting to fall.
2nd owner. Only 4 problems we have had, replacing head lamp bulbs, noise in front wheel area, possible brake,idle arm, or tie rod (going to get it checked), headliner came down in rear of vehicle (could have been last summer when my children decided to use it to do lawn work and leaving a can of gasoline in the trunk, I believe the vapors caused it. The biggest problem is hiding the keys from ...