1999 Mercedes-Benz C280 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Mercedes-Benz C280
- Trunk Springs May Break and Cause Trunk Lid to Fall When Opened
- Interior Wood Trim/Dash Pads Crack Due to Age and Sun Exposure
- Control Flaps May Fail Due to Leaking Vacuum Manifold for Climate Control Actuator
- Brake Lights May Not Operate Due to Failed Rear Tail Light Housings
- Cracked Driveshaft Flex Discs May Cause Driveshaft Movement/Vibration
- How do you replace the rear brake rotor ?
- Is it worth fixing the loose catalytic converter and clogging exhaust at times?
- My 1999 C280 slips into neutral while driving it, particularly when turning.
- Engine turns on, but will not accelerate when gas pedal pushed.
- What are the most common hoses to fail in 1999 c280, that I should replace( 200k miles)?
1999 Mercedes-Benz C280 Problems
Trunk springs can break and cause the trunk lid to fall back down when opened.
The interior wood trim and dash pad are likely to crack due to age and sun exposure.
The vacuum manifold for the climate control actuator may develop a leak, This can cause poor or no operation of the air delivery and temperature control flaps.
1999 Mercedes-Benz C280 Questions
Was diagnosed at dealership, was told to get new one coz of age and mileage (229,000)not worth fixing it. The car really runs good except engine light sometimes come on. Thank you.
When I turn the car off and restart it, it works fine. Could this be electrical as oppose to the transmission?
The engine actually shakes the car. The car will not move no matter what gear. Check engine light is on. My mechanic ran the code, and it suggested it is a bad anti-theft sensor, and that the car shaking and failure to engage gear is actually the expected result (can't steal the car!)
1999 Mercedes-Benz C280 Recalls
1999 Mercedes-Benz C280 Reviews
I got this car new and have never sorry. I love it and after warranty expired I cannot think of any major repairs I have had to make--just the usual maintenance upkeep. Love my little car and it is the most comfortable car to drive on long trips.
How do you spell B-U-L-L-E-T-P-R-O-O-F ??? Never had a better car and believe me I have had many. At 215,000 miles (and had it since 30,000) and it has never put a foot wrong. Economical, reliable, comfortable, really well-built inside and out. Great engine. Here is the COMPLETE list of non-routine repairs we have made to it: - Aircon compressor - 02 sensor (maybe 2) - Water pump - Some ...
Don't listen to wannabe mercedes owners, this car is cheaper to maintain than most american or jap cars. The down time is so minimal you forget going to mechanic. If you have common sense a bit of desire to fix it and 20 bucks to get an alldata.com online subscription you are set. I almost forgot try to stay away of dealers with the exception of the diagnostic and for that I highly recommend go...