1999 Mercedes-Benz C280 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Mercedes-Benz C280
- Trunk Springs May Break and Cause Trunk Lid to Fall When Opened
- Interior Wood Trim/Dash Pads Crack Due to Age and Sun Exposure
- Control Flaps May Fail Due to Leaking Vacuum Manifold for Climate Control Actuator
- Brake Lights May Not Operate Due to Failed Rear Tail Light Housings
- Bad Spark Plug Wires/Ignition Coils May Cause Misfires and Possible CEL
- What is the cost to replace the parking brake cable?
- 99 C280 208,000 miles. Should I replace or buy used car? Only $5000 budget.
- My ignition is not turning it clicks under the steering wheel and sometimes beeps, what should I do?
- My key is not turning my ignition, what should I do?
- My hood intermittently releases while I am driving. Common problem?
1999 Mercedes-Benz C280 Problems
Trunk springs can break and cause the trunk lid to fall back down when opened.
The interior wood trim and dash pad are likely to crack due to age and sun exposure.
The vacuum manifold for the climate control actuator may develop a leak, This can cause poor or no operation of the air delivery and temperature control flaps.
1999 Mercedes-Benz C280 Questions
When I Put my key in There is a click under the steering wheel But it will not turn And it will beep occasionally
Was diagnosed at dealership, was told to get new one coz of age and mileage (229,000)not worth fixing it. The car really runs good except engine light sometimes come on. Thank you.
1999 Mercedes-Benz C280 Recalls
1999 Mercedes-Benz C280 Reviews
I got this car new and have never sorry. I love it and after warranty expired I cannot think of any major repairs I have had to make--just the usual maintenance upkeep. Love my little car and it is the most comfortable car to drive on long trips.
1999 MB C280 with 108k miles. Great car. Bought it from the original owner in Central Florida. I've had over 20+ Mercedes, and will NOT drive anything else. Prior to my purchase of the 1st generation (W202) C class, I was skeptical, since all I've owned were E, S and SL class Mercedes. I took a chance on this "C" class. And, WOW!!! I am quite impressed, especially for a 15 year old car!! With s...
How do you spell B-U-L-L-E-T-P-R-O-O-F ??? Never had a better car and believe me I have had many. At 215,000 miles (and had it since 30,000) and it has never put a foot wrong. Economical, reliable, comfortable, really well-built inside and out. Great engine. Here is the COMPLETE list of non-routine repairs we have made to it: - Aircon compressor - 02 sensor (maybe 2) - Water pump - Some ...