1998 Mercedes-Benz C280 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Mercedes-Benz C280
- Trunk Springs May Break and Cause Trunk Lid to Fall When Opened
- Interior Wood Trim/Dash Pads Crack Due to Age and Sun Exposure
- Control Flaps May Fail Due to Leaking Vacuum Manifold for Climate Control Actuator
- Brake Lights May Not Operate Due to Failed Rear Tail Light Housings
- Cracked Driveshaft Flex Discs May Cause Driveshaft Movement/Vibration
- Temp gage increases when a/c runs is this normal? Would coolant flush help?
- my windows, door locks, turn signals and\ rear defrost all quit
- At aprox. what mileage should the timing chain be replaced..routine/preventative
- Why will my Mercedes start for just a second and then shut down?
- how can I fix an electric problem with the turn signals and power windows?
1998 Mercedes-Benz C280 Problems
Trunk springs can break and cause the trunk lid to fall back down when opened.
The interior wood trim and dash pad are likely to crack due to age and sun exposure.
The vacuum manifold for the climate control actuator may develop a leak, This can cause poor or no operation of the air delivery and temperature control flaps.
1998 Mercedes-Benz C280 Questions
The car will start and then shut down immediately. I waited 10 or 15 minutes and it started fine and ran with no issues. I had just added a quart of oil and the car has 223,000 miles. I am using the extra flat key fob which sometimes comes out of the switch before I turn it completely off. Do...
Pail to lock, fail to close, fail to adjust.
I had a shop look at it but says its a motor , others say it's in circuit board w cracks in it . I checked both fuse locations in the front and trunk and nothing is blown out .
1998 Mercedes-Benz C280 Recalls
1998 Mercedes-Benz C280 Reviews
mercedes benz c280 sport : the worst thing while buying this car was when my wife wanted to leave me if i bought it home and i did ....lol forget the rest .....its the best merc iv seen iv tried the new ones but this one is a complete sedan package id give it a A+ anytime even though i have a 144,000 miles on it i aint gonna sell it because you know what if honda says there cars are good til...
Bought it used 5 yrs ago with 100k I have 209K changed tires , idler pulley, the rubber donut for the tranny to driveshaft. drives better than the other MB's Ive got.