2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Problems
Erratic HVAC blower motor operation may be caused by a failed blower motor and/or blower motor resistor. Our technicians tell us that if the blower motor resistor fails the blower motor should be checked. If the blower motor fails its functional test in should be replaced along with the failed blower motor resistor.
2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Recalls
When the clutch pedal is depressed, the clutch master cylinder provides the hydraulic pressure to disengage the clutch. Certain vehicles equipped with a manual transmission are being recalled because the clutch master cylinder can fail without warning. If this were to occur, the ability to shift the transmission would be reduced, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the clutch master cylinder on affected vehicles to correct this concern.
Where heavy salt is used on the roads, the mixture of melted snow and salt may stick to the front impact sensors. Over time, this causes corrosion of the sensor, and could cause a possible delay in the deployment of the air bags in the event of a collision. The delay in deployment could cause an injury. Dealers will install new front air bag sensors with improved corrosion resistance. The recall began on November 27, 2009.
Mitsubishi is recalling 2008–2009 Lancer Evolution, Ralliart, and Sportback Ralliart models equipped with turbocharged engines due to a poor connection where the fuel return pipe is attached to the engine, which may cause a stress crack to develop. If this occurs, fuel may leak, which, in the presence of an ignition source, could result in a fire. To correct the problem, the fuel return pipe will be replaced and additional attachment brackets installed free of charge.