Mitsubishi Eclipse Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mitsubishi Eclipse
- my car just stopped starting and everything has power radio works electric
- my 1990 eclipse started pulling to the right when I let off of the gas
- Have no power or spark, car will crank but will not start. Anyone know why?
- Engine runs well & has Crank Pos. Sens. P0335 & Cam. Pos. Sens. P0340 alarms in.
- I have this eclipse that will not run,it turns over but will not start. I have checked for fuel and spark,in which there is none. Also checked for power at distributor and fuel pump. both have power going in. All the fuses are good,
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
Mitsubishi Eclipse Problems
The sunroof may become stuck in the closed position or require "help" moving forward and backward. The common repair is to replace the guides but often the problem will resurface again.
The brake pedal may pulsate when the brakes are applied. This is most commonly caused by the front brake rotors warping. Resurfacing the affected rotors may correct the problem for the short term but replacement would generally considered a longer term solution.
A rattle noise may be noted from the clutch area while the car is at idle. If the noise changes or goes away when the clutch is depressed the fault is commonly with the clutch disc springs. It has be reported that a revised clutch disc is available from Mitsubishi to correct this concern.
Mitsubishi Eclipse Questions
windows work but my remote for the doors don't . we removed the starter and had auto zone checked it nothing wrong with it.we can pop the clutch and runs fine.?????? can any one help me please ?
I installed a used Japanese long block and the Crank. Pos. Sensor and its tone/ reflector? ring installed weren’t new and were without warranty. I have been driving it for 18 months with the P0335- Crankshaft Position Sensor A Ckt & P0340-Camshaft Position Sensor A Ckt & Service Engine al...
Mitsubishi Eclipse Recalls
The attachment for the left fuel tank mounting strap may have been improperly formed, causing the metal to split. In the event the fuel tank is full and the vehicle is involved in a severe collision, the attachment bracket may break, allowing the fuel tank to drop down and possibly causing a fuel leak. Any fuel leak always increases the risk of a fire. Dealers will inspect the mounting bracket and perform repairs as necessary. This recall is scheduled to begin on September 20, 2008. The Mitsubishi recall number is SR-08-005.
The shifter interlock to key lock cable may be improperly manufactured. This may allow the key to come out with the vehicle not in park. This could allow the vehicle to roll out of control. Dealers will inspect the cable and replace it if necessary. The Mitsubishi recall number is SR-06-005. This recall began on November 20, 2006.
The front cross member may fracture after being made with weakened metal. This could result in a loss of vehicle control. Dealers will inspect and replace the cross member as necessary. This Mitsubishi recall number is SR-06-004. This recall began on September 21, 2006.
Mitsubishi Eclipse Reviews
Can't believe there are NO! reviews for the new body style Eclipse (introduced 2006 model year). I bought the car new in early 2006 and it has been one of the most reliable and enjoyable small and sporty looking cars I've owned. Oh, there are some preference items I would want different if money were no object; but for the money I spent (around $22K brand new), the car is a terrific value & l...
Sporty, and smooth shifting, Don't like having no real rear seats nor the poor turning radius. Miledge is 20 miles per gallon around town and 24 Hwy. is fair considering the power 200 Hp. The car has that pushing you back deep into the seats when you punch the pedal!
all around made me a better mechanic