Mitsubishi 3000GT Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mitsubishi 3000GT
- hi there do you fill the gear oil through the dip stick hole.
- how much can cost to change a automatic transmission
- where is the gear oil located in the car ? plus it sounds like 3 gear is always
- I replaced the starter battery and clutch switch why wont my car start
- Replaced throttle body idle servo.Why does engine now surge.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
Mitsubishi 3000GT Problems
The transfer case may develop a leak from the output seal. Our technicians tell us that if the transfer case oil level becomes low severe internal damage will result. Any leaks should be promptly addressed and the oil level should be checked at regular intervals
Tire size mismatch on all-wheel drive vehicles can cause the front and rear driving wheels to "fight" (driveline wrap-up) which can result in drive train failure. Our technicians tell us that original equipment size wheels and tires should always be used to avoid the issue.
The seat belts may not properly retract due to an internal fault with the retractor mechanism. Replacement of the seat belt retractor would be required to correct this concern.
Mitsubishi 3000GT Questions
Engine was stalling corrected that with the servo. Now when in 1st and 2nd gear engine surges hen letting of of gas and reapplying the gas. It acts like the revs. drop way down and the jerks you when you reapply the gas.
Car stalls after 15-20 min from cold start then hesitates and stalls. The dealer checked all common fuel and electronic systems and said they came back normal. Car has new tune up, o2 sensors, coil, etc. Any ideas and thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Mitsubishi 3000GT Recalls
Mitsubishi 3000GT Reviews
Some of the time when I drive my 98 3000gt, I'll be driving 40 to 50 mph and it'll shift like all the 1st gear for no apparent reason and idk why it does it. It's only done it to me like 3 or 4 time but idk why it does it. Please help if you might know what it is. Thanks
My GT-SL 3000 is holding up great!!
my 3000gt has about 138000 miles on it, all have been trouble free. regular maintenence is a must. do the timing belts every 60000 miles and change the oil regularly and you will have no major issues. the clutch is starting to slip a little, but it lasted 138k plus. the heaters in these cars dosent get super hot, but they do get hot enough for sub zero driving.