1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX Problems
It is not uncommon for wheels on these vehicles to be very easily bent or otherwise damaged, often to the point of requiring replacement. This can happen even with no apparent damage to the tire.
The front, lower ball joint may fail unexpectedly resulting in loss of vehicle control. Failed ball joints will require replacement. Our technicians recommend a complete inspection of related suspension components if this situation occurs. This should be done in order to determine if there is any other damage as a result of the ball joint failure.
There have been reports of airbags not deploying in the event of a frontal impact. Some claim that a shorted airbag wire harness can cause this to occur. Unfortunately there is no diagnoses that will isolate this problem other than fault codes stored in the airbag control module. Our technicians recommend to have any airbag light issues diagnosed and repaired in order to help ensure the airbags will deploy when needed.
1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX Questions
I recently had a new timing belt installed and now my car is vibrating massively through my pedal and motor during hard acceleration, I've checked around my engine and noticed that there seems to be a large amount of grease build up around the manifold gasket and while revving my car smoke wa...
recently my wife and I bought an eclipse gsx "awd turbo for those who don't know :)" well anyways under deceleration in any gear I hear a loud clunk that seems to sound like a jack hamer is hitting my undercarriage lol sometimes it sounds like it's coming from the front sometime...
replacing the connecting rod but having problem taking it out from the piston