Acura MDX Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Acura MDX
- I can buy a mdx at a low price,in great shape with 150,000 miles.Should I buy it
- There is a single beep noise shortly after starting the car.
- My navigation system go blank alot & sometimes don't come on at all how do I fix
- Brakes to floor Air in modulator vsa
- Brakes go to floor Acura dealer said vsa modulator has air that can not be bled
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Acura MDX Problems
The automatic transmission tends to fail more often than in similar models.
A shudder or vibration may develop while driving at speeds between 35 and 40 MPH. Our technicians tell us this condition is commonly caused by a failed automatic transmission torque converter. It is recommend to replace the torque converter and install an updated powertrain control module (PCM) to correct this concern.
To review some comments from the RepairPal community regarding this issue, please click here>>
Acura issued a recall on a number of 2005 vehicles because the gas tanks were improperly manufactured and could leak in the event of a crash. It is unclear if all the fuel fill issues are related to the recall or not. For more information on this recall please click here»
Acura MDX Questions
Spoke to my guy at Acura he use HDS to bled brakes . He said modulator is bad because he can not get.air out of the system.m Ireally can not figure this out if this is a closed system if you open it should bled out right ? Or I have missed something
Already replaced master cylinder brakes fine for about a month took car to dealer they bled the brake line using a computer again brakes fine for a month replace modulator 1000 miles on car 81000
Ac now blows hot air
Acura MDX Recalls
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Texas, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the driver and/or passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Honda dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
Due to electrical interference the airbag control module may fail causing inadvertent deployment of the front airbags, side curtain airbags, and/or seatbelt pretensioners. Unexpected airbag deployment can result in personal injury and/or a vehicle crash. Dealers will install a suppressor unit to limit the electrical interference to the airbag control module to correct this concern.
Acura MDX Reviews
Passenger AC vent blows cold air, but driver side vent blows warm air. It does have a dual system.
I have been very pleased with my Acura MDX 2007 the past three years until recently. I am not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but the engine wouldn't start this past weekend. When I tried to turn on the ignition, their was a series of clicks. I tried jumping the car but that wouldn't start either. I had to call the Acura Roadside Assistance (they were very helpful) that was covered u...
I plugged my cell phone adapter into one of the sockes and my whole system shut down. I have no radio or navigation system. What can be going on and where can I take it for repair. Thanks