2003 Acura MDX Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Acura MDX
- Why is my car making a loud noise when i turn on my ac
- My left rear door window just went thunk and fell down, how do I repair?
- was told that toque convert was going bad by acura service/ had an after market
- My car is showing a/t temp.. What is wrong and what can I do
- I blew a head gasket with this being a 2003 is it worth fixing??
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2003 Acura MDX Problems
The automatic transmission tends to fail more often than in similar models.
A shudder or vibration may develop while driving at speeds between 35 and 40 MPH. Our technicians tell us this condition is commonly caused by a failed automatic transmission torque converter. It is recommend to replace the torque converter and install an updated powertrain control module (PCM) to correct this concern.
To review some comments from the RepairPal community regarding this issue, please click here>>
2003 Acura MDX Questions
Ac now blows hot air
Window doesn't feel like it will engage with the motor, how do I repair?
and engine light on and told ned a transmission now after 2 wks. I bought the torque and he installed. engine light on and computer indicates transmission. what else could it bemileage 112000
2003 Acura MDX Recalls
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in southern Florida, along the Gulf Coast, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, Saipan and American Samoa. Upon deployment the passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Dealers will replace the passenger side air bag inflator to correct this concern.
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Texas, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the driver and/or passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Honda dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
2003 Acura MDX Reviews
I plugged my cell phone adapter into one of the sockes and my whole system shut down. I have no radio or navigation system. What can be going on and where can I take it for repair. Thanks
I bought this MDX new and it has been a great car up until now. I have 103,000 miles on it and I have been getting a vibration/chatter at 38-48mph (torque converter?), air conditioning not blowing cold air, rear blower not working.....and a smell of gas or oil in the interior has recently developed. The nearest Acura dealer is 2 hours away. Any help here would be appreciated.
Hey visitor in northrop, ny - don't blame your wife for the vent tabs breaking. i have an '04 mdx and all vent tabs on front dash (driver side, center console and passenger side) have broken on numerous occasions. each time they are replaced at the dealer i've been told this particular part breaks all the time - even been told by one service rep that it's a "design defect". It's a real hassl...