2001 Acura MDX Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Acura MDX
- my 2001 Acura MDX power windows and cluster stopped working
- My navigation screen is out on my 2001 acura mdx. What years are compatible.
- my car doesn't want to go in gear or drive when stopping at an intersection.
- Car choking, Gas pedal stiff, Check engine + vtm-4 light
- my acura mdx-2001.the check engine light is allways on and now the vtm-4 is on
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2001 Acura MDX Problems
The automatic transmission tends to fail more often than in similar models.
A shudder or vibration may develop while driving at speeds between 35 and 40 MPH. Our technicians tell us this condition is commonly caused by a failed automatic transmission torque converter. It is recommend to replace the torque converter and install an updated powertrain control module (PCM) to correct this concern.
To review some comments from the RepairPal community regarding this issue, please click here>>
Acura issued a recall on a number of 2005 vehicles because the gas tanks were improperly manufactured and could leak in the event of a crash. It is unclear if all the fuel fill issues are related to the recall or not. For more information on this recall please click here»
2001 Acura MDX Questions
It happened when I plugged in my trailer's electrical plug
I have checked the transmission fluid it was fine. My car starts fine. while I am driving I will stop at a light or at an intersection and it doesn't want to go when the light is green or when it's my turn. It just whines when I give it gas. It just started yesterday. I put it in the park...
After driving car for 5-10 min car would chock (most of time), RPM drop 2000 and speed 20-25 Miles/hr. No trany slippage. gas pedal feel stiff (resistance)
codes: P0132, P0172 and had once P0705 + VTM-4 light on
Changed Catalytic Converter + O sensor
Car would rev perfectly well in Park/Ne...
2001 Acura MDX Recalls
Honda and Acura are recalling numerous 2001–2004 vehicles to inspect for an internal automatic transmission fault. This fault could result in gear failure, which can cause the transmission to lock up. If the transmission were to lock up with the vehicle in motion, a crash could result. If the inspection reveals internal transmission damage, the transmission will be replaced. If no internal damaged is noted, the transmission oil cooler return line will be revised in order to increase fluid flow. For more information, please call Honda at 1-800-999-1009 or Acura at 1-800-382-2238.
2001 Acura MDX Reviews
1 biggie: 77K the transmission locked up. Lucky me..I had purchased 100K warranty. It was replaced and is running great again. Like promised, EGR valve failed-but for some reason, every car I have owned I have had to replace an egr valve! The motor mounts mysteriously loosened!! Husband said it was my driving!! All in all 8 years old it has been and continues to be a relatively repair fre...
Srs indcator light stay on why
is it so that you have to change timing belt on the motor every 75000 miles.