2002 Acura MDX Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Acura MDX
- Why does my mdx keep draining my battery?
- why does my mdx stall with flasing dash lights and clicking.thank you very much.
- check engine light and VTM-4 light are on it starts in high gear can't drive
- My MDX started downshifting to 1st while driving.Usually between 3 & 4th.
- I have already run a diagnostic check on my vehicle need estimate to fix
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2002 Acura MDX Problems
The automatic transmission tends to fail more often than in similar models.
A shudder or vibration may develop while driving at speeds between 35 and 40 MPH. Our technicians tell us this condition is commonly caused by a failed automatic transmission torque converter. It is recommend to replace the torque converter and install an updated powertrain control module (PCM) to correct this concern.
To review some comments from the RepairPal community regarding this issue, please click here>>
Acura issued a recall on a number of 2005 vehicles because the gas tanks were improperly manufactured and could leak in the event of a crash. It is unclear if all the fuel fill issues are related to the recall or not. For more information on this recall please click here»
2002 Acura MDX Questions
Replaced the battery twice and the alternator once.checked all the connections for corrosion and grounds all are clean. Shutdown while driving twice in one week. Does anyone else have this problem?
i have a 2002 acura mdx that has had electrical problems for years now and i have spent thousands with no resolve.the truck will stall wile driving and the dash lights will start flashing and clicking as the truck powers down to a stall.
The check engine light was on for awhile and the vtm-4 light would come and then go off. Now they are both on and the D5 light is flashing and it feels like it wants to start off in high gear
2002 Acura MDX Recalls
Honda and Acura are recalling numerous 2001–2004 vehicles to inspect for an internal automatic transmission fault. This fault could result in gear failure, which can cause the transmission to lock up. If the transmission were to lock up with the vehicle in motion, a crash could result. If the inspection reveals internal transmission damage, the transmission will be replaced. If no internal damaged is noted, the transmission oil cooler return line will be revised in order to increase fluid flow. For more information, please call Honda at 1-800-999-1009 or Acura at 1-800-382-2238.
Honda has recalled 2002 Accord, Odyssey, Acura CL, MDX, and 2003 Honda Pilot, Acura CL, and TL vehicles because the timing belt tensioner pulley, which is mounted on the water pump, may be misaligned and at risk for failure. Dealers will inspect the tensioner pulley and water pump and will replace the pump and timing belt if necessary.