2004 Acura MDX Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Acura MDX
- Parked on steep incline now trouble getting gear shift to go into drive
- I really cannot afford right now to get my A/C compressor replaced.
- Why have all my power windows stopped working?
- What are the intake and exhaust valve clearance specs on a on a 2004 acura mdx
- how many catalytic converters does a 2004 Acura MDX have?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2004 Acura MDX Problems
The automatic transmission tends to fail more often than in similar models.
A shudder or vibration may develop while driving at speeds between 35 and 40 MPH. Our technicians tell us this condition is commonly caused by a failed automatic transmission torque converter. It is recommend to replace the torque converter and install an updated powertrain control module (PCM) to correct this concern.
To review some comments from the RepairPal community regarding this issue, please click here>>
Acura issued a recall on a number of 2005 vehicles because the gas tanks were improperly manufactured and could leak in the event of a crash. It is unclear if all the fuel fill issues are related to the recall or not. For more information on this recall please click here»
2004 Acura MDX Questions
Will it hurt my engine if I drive without fixing it right now. I can stand the heat.
When I push the power window switch on any window it makes a noise like it's working, but nothing happens. This is on all windows. It just started. No problems before.
2004 Acura MDX Recalls
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in southern Florida, along the Gulf Coast, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, Saipan and American Samoa. Upon deployment the passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Dealers will replace the passenger side air bag inflator to correct this concern.
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina, Texas, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the driver and/or passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Honda dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
2004 Acura MDX Reviews
I guess I got a lemon, because this is a TERRIBLE car! Since about 75K miles it has just continued to develop problem after problem after problem. Constantly in the shop every 5K miles or so for some new issue. I had a ford explorer before this Acura with almost 200k miles on it - never should have traded it in, NOTHING was ever wrong with it. This car has required EXPENSIVE repairs on mech...