Car Questions
RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance

What is the pipe going into the water pump on my car.It goes into the big inlet

(1993 Ford Taurus)
in Lake Village, IN on November 06, 2011
It has a small leak in it
Displaying 2 answers & 0 comments
Popular Answer
on November 06, 2011
the lower hose has a steel pipe that joins the lower hose to the water pump. the pipe does rot out. it can be replaced. it has one bolt holding it along with the 2 clamps.

of AER Auto Repair on November 06, 2011
Sounds like your talking about by-pass hose tighten up the hose clamps see if it stops leaking. Note: that motor has timing cover coolant leak issues.
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide. Learn more

Similar Questions

View answers to similar questions from RepairPal's community of auto experts and enthusiasts.
Check engine light on
the engine will not hold water and the oil looks milky
Didn't find what you were looking for?