Ford Taurus Problem Report

Ford Taurus Engine Stalling and/or Hesitation on Acceleration due to Faulty Idle Air Bypass Valve

(11 reports)

If you experience difficulty starting the engine when cold, stalling at idle, or hesitations during acceleration, it may be the idle air bypass valve. This valve helps the vehicle idle steady when the accelerator pedal is not pressed.

Difficult to start in cold weather. Slow acceleration -
Losing power on acceleration. -
I had to replace the starter because it stalled me at the clinic. The oil was dripping down in the starter. It's hard to start my Taurus in the cold. While driving it feels like someone is rear ending me. The transmission bumps. When I turn my car off it has a faint clicking under the hood. I've never been sent anything for recalls before. My email address is johndrowshelly345@gmail.com -
PVC Valve warn to the point of wide open at idle and acceleration. Look and see of it is close air off or it will effect IAB valve. -
crappy idle no power on acceleration please call with advice 540.494.7937 Earl thank you -
Only on cold mornings my 2004 Ford Taraus wont start, It will turn over but just wont fire up and go. -
idling is too slow -
The rear valve cover gasket is leaking on my 2002 taurus v6doc. is it something I can handle my...
Will not start but turns over when you try to start it if it sits for a day it will start right...
the engine light keeps coming on
engine overheated last night and there was no coolant. so i added water. and not the engine sha...
Have a check engine code 174 engine lean in bank 2. was told to replace intake plenum gasket. I...