Engine Stalling and/or Hesitation on Acceleration due to Faulty Idle Air Bypass Valve on Ford Taurus

If you experience difficulty starting the engine when cold, stalling at idle, or hesitations during acceleration, it may be the idle air bypass valve. This valve helps the vehicle idle steady when the accelerator pedal is not pressed.

RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 227,548 (29,567–2,045,603)
Engines affected: 3.0L V6, 3.0L V6 DOHC, 3.0L V6 SHO
10 model years affected: 1990, 1993, 1994, 1998, more2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2014
26 people reported this problem
18 people shared problem details
2005 Ford Taurus- 3.0L V6180,000
My Taurus want stay running unless I keep my foot on the gas. As soon as I take my foot off it dies out.
2005 Ford Taurus- 3.0L V6100,000
Losing power on acceleration.
1994 Ford Taurus- 3.0L V680,000
Difficult to start in cold weather. Slow acceleration
2004 Ford Taurus- 3.0L V6 DOHC110,800
Engine light came on and remained on. Checked obvious causes ie gas cap loose. Took it to car repair. Diagnosed as needing spark plugs changed/tune-up. In addition, the fuel injector was cleaned, air filter replaced. Car recently had oil change, tire rotation, and smog check. We took it back to repair shop because car hesitates while accelerating on an incline. It is not constant. Just every so often as we accelerate upward. Mechanic did thorough diagnostics and found the engine perameters to be good. Do you have any suggestions? Are we possibly looking at transmission problems or could it be an Idle Air Bypass Valve problem.
I had to replace the starter because it stalled me at the clinic. The oil was dripping down in the starter. It's hard to start my Taurus in the cold. While driving it feels like someone is rear ending me. The transmission bumps. When I turn my car off it has a faint clicking under the hood. I've never been sent anything for recalls before. My email address is johndrowshelly345@gmail.com
2002 Ford Taurus- 3.0L V654,000
stalling vibrating and hesitation periodiacly
2003 Ford Taurus- 3.0L V62,045,603
Vibration, hesitation, sputtering. But check engine light does not come on, so I don't know
1993 Ford Taurus- 3.0L V644,000
My 1993 taurus with 44000 actual miles losing speed and hesitating during acceleration . ReplAced idler.
Qaslow acceleration and no power. Engine isles slow and it shakes when I first take off like I have the emergency brake on.
2008 Ford Taurus130,000
Car will not start in cold weather. I live in Utah so cold is ( 5 degrees ). It began at approximately 101000. I tough the battery needed to be replaced but works fine once it has been jump started. The transmission appears to be slipping and the Idle indicator goes from 3-5 RPM but then stays down to 0 at highway speeds. The power train was replaced at 38k miles but the problem is still present when the gas is below 25 miles to empty. ( I do not know if it is related to the gas gauge but 90% of the time can not be all coincidence ).
2002 Ford Taurus- 3.0L V6 DOHC29,567
merging into traffIc or accelerating it cuts out this is covered by any type of warranty it only has 30,000 miles on it ?
2005 Ford Taurus- 3.0L V6140,000
I've replaced this part twice allready It runs great. For a day then boom By the second day its back to The same things engine shuts off At idl . Some times. And has a very bad Rough idle The part goes bad n two. Days I mean wtf. Is going on This is getting very old very fast
1998 Ford Taurus- 3.0L V6160,000
start car I let it idle thens stalls on me
Same thing with my car
2004 Ford Taurus- 3.0L V6
PVC Valve warn to the point of wide open at idle and acceleration. Look and see of it is close air off or it will effect IAB valve.
2005 Ford Taurus- 3.0L V6275,000
crappy idle no power on acceleration please call with advice 540.494.7937 Earl thank you
Only on cold mornings my 2004 Ford Taraus wont start, It will turn over but just wont fire up and go.
1990 Ford Taurus- 3.0L V6 SHO100,000
idling is too slow
The rear valve cover gasket is leaking on my 2002 taurus v6doc. is it something I can handle my...
Will not start but turns over when you try to start it if it sits for a day it will start right...
the engine light keeps coming on
engine overheated last night and there was no coolant. so i added water. and not the engine sha...
air plinum melting from inside out at vacuum port for pcv valve this is near egr valve replacei...