Car Questions
RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance

Oil leaks from top of dip stick tube - 1990 Ford Ranger 2.9 liter

(1990 Ford Ranger)
in Loudon, NH on June 24, 2011
I have oil coming out of the top of the dipstick when running. If I take the oil filler cap off, it stops. Could it be the PCV? If so can you help me find where the PCV is located?
Displaying 1 answers & 0 comments
Popular Answer
on June 25, 2011
It does sound like the pcv valve has failed. It should be located on passenger side of engine. Find the oil fill cap on the valve cover, look to the inside from there toward the center area of intake and back a bit, mounted in a hose.
Get a repair estimate
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide.
Or interested in getting a repair? Find a Shop

Similar Questions

View answers to similar questions from RepairPal's community of auto experts and enthusiasts.
All new plugs wire,s coil, used fuel pump good pressure,neutral park rev limit maybe 250,000 no oil use runs perfect ...
One of the vacuum lines has come unplugged. still attached to the vacuum ball (reservoir?). its the one on top (i kno...
Didn't find what you were looking for?