Car Questions

I have a problem with excessive oil pressure, it's an M30 engine

(1990 BMW 735i)
in Los Angeles, CA on January 20, 2016
Ok, I restored the whole engine, almost everyhting is new inside, rebuilt the whole thing, the oil pump is ok, the problem is that the pressure pops my camshaft seal out and my distrtibutor fills with oil, this happens after about a minute after the engine starts, could it be a faulty pressure relief valve ?, or something obstructed ?... my 735 is 1988 E32 euro, (the year of the menu did not go that fr back).
Displaying 2 answers & 2 comments
on January 20, 2016
Cam journals worn in cylinder head resulting in excessive oil in valve cover? .. Pressure relief valve usually results in oil filter leak... Test actual oil pressure with manual test gauge... Crankcase breathing ok?
on January 20, 2016
Thanks will check, but the head was completely refurbished with the camshaft, also in doubt of the thickness of the duck gasket, does anyone have a thickness for it ?
Sounds like a oil pressure relief valve is sticking or as you said a obstruction somewhere in the oil journal
on January 20, 2016
Thanks a lot for your response, so I should dissassemble the whole thing ? or as an example, remove the oil pan, check the pump releif valve, and remove the head and maybe blow some compressed air to check for obstructions, or it means dissassemble the whole thing and check part by part ? I really would like someone with more experince to teel me I don´t have to do everyhting over again. Honsetly, thanks a ot for the reply.
Get a repair estimate
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide.
Or interested in getting a repair? Find a Shop

Pressure washed engine now none of the lights o...
Pressure washed engine compartment now none of the lights on the car work any more plz help