RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance

Q: i got into a four car accident in another state with laibility on 1992 Volkswagen Corrado

it had just rained and i was in the left lane on a two way street on long island in NY. The car is owned and registered to me in georgia, under base liability coverage.

17 year old girl stops to make a left turn, older couple make an abrupt stop, 17 year old boy hits his brakes and tap the older couple up front and i barrel into the kid.

Just after it happens the kid infront of me admits fault infront of all the drivers, couple mins leter a family friend of the kid in front of me shows up and starts to speak for him.

i guess my question is, is there any way i could get his insuarance company to pay for damages. i know in new york state whome ever is at the rear of any incident gets rear ended(screwed) i figure my insuarance co will pay for his damages but could i get his insuarance co to admit fault?

Please help. What shoud i do?
Get a Repair Estimate
Guaranteed by certified locations nationwide. Learn more
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 1,700 quality certified locations nationwide. Learn more
| |
I am glad no one seems to have been hurt in this accident. In most states it is the person in the rear car that usually suffers. This is a question your insurance company or an insurance company that issues policies in New York can only answer. Beware that in a lot of cases even your insurance company wants to take the easy way out and may not fully represent you if the sense a drawn out legal battle without much financial gain for them. A friend of mine was misrepresented by his insurance company went to see a lawyer who said he was better just accepting things as they stood.
Didn't find what you were looking for?