Car Questions

Emergency brake problem

(2002 Mazda Protege5)
in Cleveland, OH on December 26, 2009
i just replaced the rear brake pads.my e brake does not work any more.I inspected the cables and they are working properly.
Any ideas?
Displaying 3 answers & 0 comments
on April 22, 2010
I actually had the same problem with my e-brake after changing out the brakes. All I did was go to an open parking lot and threw the car in reverse then put on the brakes and it adjusted back and started working.
on December 26, 2009
Is the e-brake handle pulling all the way up, like it isn't connected anymore? If so, then the e-brake needs to be adjusted.
on December 26, 2009
On most Mazdas with rear calipers, there is an allen bolt under a cap to release the caliper piston, did you release this? How did you get the caliper pistons to go back into their bores?

the stabletrack ABS idiot light is on, and I want to reset or disable it. it just gives notice on the odometer that ...
I was on my driveway and turned off the engine to then realize that I forgot to put it in park. I was still in drive ...