Car Questions

Electrical Problem

(2000 Audi TT)
in Boston, MA on August 25, 2009
Yesterday, while I was driving, the battery warning light came on, and just before turning the car off, I noticed the power was fluctuating, such as the windows were weak when I went to raise them, and the lights on the dashboard were going back and forth from dim to bright for a few seconds, then went away. My battery is less than a year old, and I have been needing to replace it about once per year or year-and-a-half. Today, I went to start it, and it made a series of quick clicking sounds, and definitely wouldn't start. I tried jumping it, but there was no change at all. Any help?
Displaying 2 answers & 0 comments
on August 25, 2009
Check the battery cables where they connect to the battery, make sure they aren't loose. Have the charging system and the cables checked really well, there may be a bad connection somewhere that is causing this.
on February 03, 2013
check the panel on top of the battery if its melted the wiring circuits are touching

The engine sometimes will not start and has to be jumped. The engine starts when jumped. The battery checks out as f...
I took my car to a shop recently and the mechanic told me that water from melted snow had gotten into my computer's a...