Car Questions

Air Conditioner Problems

(1994 Dodge Ram Van B250)
in Bellefonte, PA on August 23, 2010
I have a A/C problem. My compressor is running and the hi side line is frosting over to the splitter where it goes back to the rear AC coils, the line that goes to the front coils does not get cold past the splitter I spoke of before.The rear coils are getting cold and cooling. This is in a conversion van and the only controls are in the dashboard, the rear fan switch is in the dash as well. I hope somebody can give me some ideas as to where to look or start.
Displaying 1 answers & 0 comments
on August 24, 2010
I sounds like you may have a defective expansion valve at the front HVAC housing. A valve that does not open or is plugged will not allow refrigerant to flow through the evaporator, thus, no cooling.

I took off drain under wipers there was no drain under there I was told there is line were the water runs down and co...
Out of the blue my air conditioner will just stop. It will not blow any air and nothing on the touch screen will make...