Car Questions

AC problems

(2005 Acura RL)
in Washington, DC on August 21, 2010
Hi--I have a 2005 Acura RL, and just recently have been having issues with the air conditioning. When I start the car sometimes the car will get cold, sometimes it won't. I took my car to a supposedly reputable honda/acura mechanic, and he said that I need a new compressor and that would cost ~1500$. First, can the compressor be bad even if the car ac works intermittently (I was guessing it would be a electrical issue). Second, is $1500 a unreasonable cost to replace the compressor?
Displaying 1 answers & 0 comments
on August 21, 2010
This will need to be inspected by a good Climate Control Diagnostic person. I would get a second opinion, and yes $1500 is a bit out of line for an Acura Compressor repair/replacement. The new factory part costs $821, a new receiver dryer is $55 so that is REALLY expensive labor, again get a second opinion.
here is an article that we at RepairPal.com have constructed to help you with this process.

I have a 1999 Oldsmobile 88 and the heater controls would work then they would stop now it doesn't work at all any su...
I took off drain under wipers there was no drain under there I was told there is line were the water runs down and co...