2000 GMC Yukon Denali Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 GMC Yukon Denali
- Vehicle frequently dies while driving during hot weather.
- 2000 GMC Yukon Denali 5.7L I swapped Cylinder Heads for a pair of used Cylinder Heads due to the first pair being cross-threaded. After properly installing Heads and torquing them down, NO COMPRESSION when removing sparkplug and putting finge on hole.
- Denali wont shift out of park
- abs light on surging speedometor feels like transmission slipping
- transfer case makes horrible noise
2000 GMC Yukon Denali Problems
The upper dash may crack, most commonly on vehicles in warm climates and exposed to a lot of sunlight. The common repair is to replace the upper instrument trim panel. Information on a technical service bulletin or extended warranty is not available at this time.
A Loose or worn gas cap may cause Check Engine Light to illuminate.
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
2000 GMC Yukon Denali Questions
2000 GMC Yukon Denali 5.7L
I swapped Cylinder Heads for a pair of used Cylinder Heads due to the first pair being cross-threaded. After properly installing Heads and torquing them down, we then began to align crank up with TDC Mark and then aligned rotor on distributor to the distributor cap mar...
4wd makes a bad noise in 4wd gm says theres a recall on other vins but not mine but i have the same problem what do i need to do
2000 GMC Yukon Denali Reviews
I purchased this vehicle used (6 mo. old w/10K miles). I drive only about 7K miles/yr, but this has been a very reliable vehicle. My only issues have been electrical inconsistencies, brakes, & tire life. A small price to pay for a vehicle I've had for over 10 yrs and probably will have for another 5 to 10 :-).
Must be a heavy machine that year because the front brakes disks gets hot spots. I replaced disks, pads, fluid cylinder seals at both wheels. The disks lasted about a year.