GMC Terrain Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your GMC Terrain
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
GMC Terrain Questions
Once the car starts it sound like the starter gear is getting stuck in the ring gear making a noise and then retracting.
Is there an adjustment or does the starter need to be replaced.
Does not happen all the time.
Thank You in advance,
GMC Terrain Recalls
The driver's and/or passenger's seat may suddenly drop to its lowest position because a bolt securing the height adjuster can fall out. This unexpected movement of the driver's seat could cause a distraction, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the height adjuster bolts in both front seats to correct this concern.
The tire pressure monitoring system is designed to illuminate the tire pressure warning light when the tire pressure in any one tire is 25% below the recommended cold tire pressure. On these vehicles, the light will not illuminate until the tire pressure is more than 25% below the recommend cold tire pressure. Underinflated tires can result in the tire overheating, which could lead to a blowout and a possible crash. Underinflated tires also affect tire wear, vehicle handling, and fuel economy. Dealers will update the Body Control Module software to correct this concern. The General Motors recall number is 11261.
General Motors is recalling certain 2011 Cadillac SRX, Chevrolet Equinox, and GMC Terrain vehicles because one or both of the front safety belt buckle anchors may separate during a crash. As a result, the safety belt system may not properly restrain the front seat occupants, increasing the risk of injury. Dealers will modify the affected safety belt buckles as necessary.