GMC Acadia Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your GMC Acadia
- Transmission Fault and/or Check Engine Light With Code P0716, P0776, P0717, P0777, P2714, P2715, and/or P02723
- Brake booster failure due to internally leaking brake master cylinder
- Check Engine Light Due to Gas Cap Issue
- The Check Engine Light With Code: P0011, P0014, P0021, P0024, P0341, P0346, P0336, and/or P0391
- front end problem
- Would replacing all spark plugs and bad ignition coil cause another coil to fail
- What will make the stabilatrack,abs, traction control lights come on then the ca
- sputter when first start up
- 2007 Acadia Transmission failed at 48.5K miles!
- When will a class action lawsuit come into effect for the broken clutch wave Pl
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
GMC Acadia Problems
Vehicles with a 6speed automatic transmission may develop one or more of the following faults related to a broken 35R clutch wave plate inside the transmission: Illumination of the Check Engine Light with code P0716, P0776, P0717, P0777, P2714, P2715, and/or P02723, loss of reverse gear, slipping or harsh 3rd or 5th gear shift. Removal and dis-assembly of the transmission will be required to replace the broken 35R wave plate. It is also extremely important that all debris from the failed part be cleaned from the transmission while it is disassembled in order to try and prevent future problems.
Service brake system message, sometimes Service Stability, red brake light and TRAC OFF message.
These are sometimes the result of low brake fluid, but no obvious leaks are noted. Due to the design of the master cylinder and brake booster, the master cylinder can leak from the rear seal and collect inside the booster, leaving no drops on the ground or obvious signs.
You will need to replace the master cylinder and booster to correct.
A Loose or worn gas cap may cause Check Engine Light to illuminate.
GMC Acadia Questions
Check engine light was on. Mechanic replaced 6 spark plugs, ignition coil, gasket. Check engine light came back on next day. For the following 2 days, lift went off in the early morning and came back on in the late morning. Error code po306. Mechanic is now telling me that replacing the bad coil ...
GMC Acadia Recalls
In the affected vehicles, there is a flexible steel steel cable that connects the seatbelt buckle to the front seat frame. Over time the cable may fatigue and separate. If the steel cable separates, the seatbelt may not properly restrain the seat occupant, increasing the risk of an injury in a crash. Dealers will inspect and replace the affected seatbelt buckles (lap pretensioners) to correct this concern.
Increased resistance in the front seat mounted side impact air bag (SIAB) wiring harness can result in the SIAB and seat belt pretensioners not deploying as expected in the event of a crash, increasing the risk of personal injury. Dealers will replace the affected harness connections with soldered connections to correct this concern.
Snow or ice buildup on the windshield or on the wiper restricts the movement of the wiper arm. The wiper arm may loosen and cause the wiper to become inoperative. If this occurs, driver visibility could be reduced, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will tighten the wiper arm nuts to correct this concern. The General Motors recall number is 12036.
GMC Acadia Reviews
This car is a piece of junk. I was stuck on the side of the road with my 3 children in the car with a broken 35R clutch wave plate. Had to have the transmission rebuilt at 48k miles. The car had been driven less than 10k miles a year for 5.5 years. It is just 6 months out of warranty and GM is not honoring it. I would not recommend this car to anyone. THIS SEEMS TO BE A COMMON PROBLEM WITH...
This is the worst piece of JUNK we have ever bought. We have spent a ton on money on this piece of junk and it still doesn't run right. Wish we had never bought it.
My family and I bought this 2008 GMC Acadia when it had 34000 miles on it. It was and is one of the biggest purchase mistake we made. At 36,000-ish miles the daylight burned out twice. At 38,250 miles the brake started to make noises. Brake fluids were flushed but that did not make anything better. Some parts of the brake was not right and the dealership covered 50% of the parts cost at the tim...