GMC Jimmy Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your GMC Jimmy
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
GMC Jimmy Problems
The heater core under the right side of the dashboard may leak engine coolant which can puddle on the passenger front floor. The loss of coolant may cause an engine overheating condition. Our technicians tell us that removal of the dash board is necessary to replace the heater on these vehicles.
GMC Jimmy Questions
It seems to be flooded. Will start after giving it gas and trying multiple times.
The overhead console used to show the gas mileage & temp,etc,
no longer displays anything.
The garage door open funation still works and shows red when the appropriate button is pushed.
I would appreciate any assistance.
GMC Jimmy Recalls
The multifunction switch may have a short circuit, which may cause the stop lamps and rear hazard lamps to fail. Stop lights that fail to operate may cause a crash. Dealers will replace the hazard switch carrier. (Note: This campaign is an expansion of a previous recall; see 01V364)
GMC Jimmy Reviews
Bought a 98 Jimmy in 2007 and have not stopped repairing it since! Total lemon and the worst used car/truck I have ever owned in my 25 plus years of driving. In the first 3 months I had to replace the fuel pump, radiator, ball joints, idler arm, brake pads and as I type I am waiting for my mechanice to replace wires and plugs. Still need shocks, my a/c compressor leaks and I have not had a/c f...
1995 jimmy eveday driving for the last 8 years 219k still going run like a rolex
I have 2000 GMC SLE Jimmy which I bought new. It's been nothing but a nightmare since I've owned it. I've changed the water pump 3 times. A defective radiator seal caused fluid to leak in the oil compartment which cost over $1000 to repair. The A/C condenser coil water leaks on the passenger carpet and the GMC dealership NEVER correctly addressed this problem, while it was still under warranty....