GMC Envoy Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your GMC Envoy
- Oil pressure gauge malfunctioned and shut down everything. How do we reset this
- Windshield wipers work but fluid doesn't come out,back wipers work along fluid
- I got a battery change and my vehicle will not start.The engine turns over but it wont catch. All lights and radio are ok. The alarm key locks and unlocks the doors. Whats wrong?
- My battery was changed and my vehicle will not start. It was running before.
- How do I recalibrate the external ambient temperature sensor
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
GMC Envoy Problems
The fuel level sensor in the fuel tank may fail causing erratic fuel gauge operation. Our technicians tell us that on high mileage vehicles you may wish to replace the complete fuel pump module assembly if this condition occurs.
On certain 2005 - 2007 vehicles, General Motors has provided a special service policy covering the fuel level sensor, agreeing to pay 50% of the repair cost. This coverage extends for 10 years or 120,000 miles from the original "in service" date of the vehicle. Please contact your local GM dealer for more information.
To find a dealer near you, please click here»
On vehicles equipped with rear air springs, the air compressor may fail causing the rear suspension to sit low.
The HVAC blower motor may stop working at one or more speeds due to a faulty blower motor resistor block. Our technicians recommend to confirm the resistor is at fault by first checking the operation of the switch.
GMC Envoy Questions
I have manual dual control and I did replace the sensor but it still says OC on my rear view mirror
had a tune up and oil change but the check engine light is still on what else can I do. I had it all done about 3 weeks ago
GMC Envoy Recalls
Fluid may enter the driver's door module, causing corrosion that could result in a short circuit in the door module. A short circuit may cause the power door lock and power window switches to function intermittently or become inoperative. The short may also cause overheating, which could melt components of the door module, producing an odor, smoke, or a fire. Dealers will inspect the driver's door module, if it is functioning correctly, a protective coating will be applied. If the module is not functioning correctly, it will be replaced. The GM recall number is 12180.
Vehicles first sold, or currently registered, in certain states where salt is used to de-ice the roads are being recalled because fluid may enter the driver's door module, causing corrosion that could result in a short in the circuit board. A short may cause the power door lock and power window switches to function intermittently or become inoperative. The short may also cause overheating, which could melt components of the door module, producing an odor, smoke, or a fire. As of this time, the remedy plan is still being finalized and a notification schedule has not been determined. The GM recall number is 12180.
GMC Envoy Reviews
My 2002 GMC envoy has 320,000 miles and all I have done is change the alternater,starter and water pump. This vehicle is the best car I have ever owned. Its so nice not owning a Chrysler
I have always driven chevy's and now own a 2005 gmc envoy. I have never had any complaints before but this vehicle is nothing but problems. Now I have a problem with the fuel guage and I got a letter stating to get it fixed BUT they will only pay 50% of the repair AFTER I pay all of it. What is with this????? I like to support them but will reconsider with my next vehicle.
This has been the worst vehicle I have ever owned. I've replaced all exterior lights at least twice. That's not even then biggest problem. I haven't been able to pass emissions testing! The check engine light came on, of course shortly before testing. I replaced the oxygen sensors in accordance with the codes. I also replaced a leaking fuel pump. The check engine light was back on in a d...