2002 Ford E-150 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Ford E-150
- van has a bad vibration loss of power and when the air is on it gets worse
- my van has a bad vibration loss of power and when the air is on it gets worse
- i occassionally hear a quick grinding sound in either tranny or drive shaft.
- how to rethread head for spark plug
- Rt.Rear door does not close easily. Tried lubing hinges, no effect.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2002 Ford E-150 Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate, the engine may run rough and have misfires on acceleration. Commonly the ignition coils and/or the ignition coil boots are the cause of this problem. The rubber boot that insulates the coil to the spark plug can dry and crack allowing arcing. Inspect the coils and boots, and replace them as needed. Our technicians also recommend replacing the coil boots any time the spark plugs are replaced.
Engine oil may leak externally from the cylinder head gasket. The gaskets were contaminated with metal debris from the factory – between the block and gasket and/or the head and gasket. To correct, the head gasket must be replaced and the mating surfaces on the cylinder head and block need to be inspected for chips or damage. In some cases the cylinder head will not be repairable and will need replacement.
The front end may make a rattle noise over bumps. There may be handling issues, and play in the front wheels on inspection. If there is up and down movement on the front wheels while the lower control arms are being supported, inspect the upper and lower ball joints for excessive play. These are prone to failure from moisture entry and lack of lubrication. The ball joints should be replaced as needed.
2002 Ford E-150 Questions
replace one of the coil packs checked the spark plugs still has the problem. could there be a vacuum leak.
one os the coil packs was replace the spack plugs check its still vibrates bad
Tranny aLSO SOUNDS LIKE IT RUNNING IN A HIGHER GEAR, NO AUTO KICK DOWN. ANYONE HAVE AN IDEAL?