2004 Ford E-150 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 Ford E-150
- What is the solution of this Aircon turn into blower at the floor vent comes out
- Aircon only comes out at defrost vent or defogger
- need to get cruise cont switch replaced- what is the avg. cost
- transmission doesnt shift into gear 35 40 mph unless i downshift
- Which one is the check engine light on the 2004 e-150?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2004 Ford E-150 Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate, the engine may run rough and have misfires on acceleration. Commonly the ignition coils and/or the ignition coil boots are the cause of this problem. The rubber boot that insulates the coil to the spark plug can dry and crack allowing arcing. Inspect the coils and boots, and replace them as needed. Our technicians also recommend replacing the coil boots any time the spark plugs are replaced.
Engine oil may leak externally from the cylinder head gasket. The gaskets were contaminated with metal debris from the factory – between the block and gasket and/or the head and gasket. To correct, the head gasket must be replaced and the mating surfaces on the cylinder head and block need to be inspected for chips or damage. In some cases the cylinder head will not be repairable and will need replacement.
The front end may make a rattle noise over bumps. There may be handling issues, and play in the front wheels on inspection. If there is up and down movement on the front wheels while the lower control arms are being supported, inspect the upper and lower ball joints for excessive play. These are prone to failure from moisture entry and lack of lubrication. The ball joints should be replaced as needed.
2004 Ford E-150 Questions
Aircon turn into blower and comes out at flooring venttilation at speed 65-70
no thats the chek engine light==im talking about switch on steering wheel to engage selected speed
do i need transmission or is there a sensor or something that needs to b replaced
2004 Ford E-150 Recalls
An internal diode in the Anti-Lock Braking System module may short circuit. This could cause the ABS Warning Light to illuminate, or the module may overheat resulting in a burning smell and/or fire. This may happen while the vehicle is being driven, or while unattended. Dealers will install a new fuse in the ABS circuit and install a heat shield over the ABS module. The recall began October 15, 2004. The Ford recall number is 04S22.
A change to the manufacturing of the air filter element may allow it to smolder or burn if contacted by hot carbon particles. This could lead to damage of the air intake system or an underhood fire. Dealers will inspect and replace the air filter element. The began September 27, 2004. The Ford recall number is 04S23.