2005 Ford E-150 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Ford E-150
- Floor heat coming on when the ac is turned on in the rear. Top blows ac. Ideas?
- What does a Transmission (installed) cost for a 2005 Ford E150 Van?
- Two months ago we replaced the front suspension coil on or mondeo estate,
- Blower only works on high...lights dim and lose power
- while driving car decelarates and slow down
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2005 Ford E-150 Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate, the engine may run rough and have misfires on acceleration. Commonly the ignition coils and/or the ignition coil boots are the cause of this problem. The rubber boot that insulates the coil to the spark plug can dry and crack allowing arcing. Inspect the coils and boots, and replace them as needed. Our technicians also recommend replacing the coil boots any time the spark plugs are replaced.
Engine oil may leak externally from the cylinder head gasket. The gaskets were contaminated with metal debris from the factory – between the block and gasket and/or the head and gasket. To correct, the head gasket must be replaced and the mating surfaces on the cylinder head and block need to be inspected for chips or damage. In some cases the cylinder head will not be repairable and will need replacement.
The front end may make a rattle noise over bumps. There may be handling issues, and play in the front wheels on inspection. If there is up and down movement on the front wheels while the lower control arms are being supported, inspect the upper and lower ball joints for excessive play. These are prone to failure from moisture entry and lack of lubrication. The ball joints should be replaced as needed.
2005 Ford E-150 Questions
Two months ago we replaced to front suspension coil on or mondeo estate. I'm now being told that the new coil is broken and needs replacing again. why is this likely to be?
The heater/ac blower only works on high...Would this cause the lights too dim when it is turned on or too lose power when the idle is low??? The Battery and alternator were both tested and are fine
only occurs while driving