1995 Ford E-150 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1995 Ford E-150
- Front End May Make Rattle Noise Over Bumps, Handling Issues
- Coolant Leakage from Heater Core, Possible Leakage onto Passenger Side Foot Well
- Check Engine Light Illumination for Insufficient Exhaust Gas Recirculation system (EGR) Flow
- Transmission Fluid Leaks from the Front of the Transmission Bell Housing
- Excessive Vibration Felt in Vehicle while Driving - Fluid Leaks from Rear of Transmission
- ran I turnned off. solenoid by battery clicks, but starter does not turn
- Brakes do not work. Big brake fluid leak under steering. $ worst case to repair? $
- Just replaced both u-joints but it still feels as if the rear end shakes
- No voltage to main blower motor. Motor new & OK, fuse OK, 13.4 volts at fuse.
- why my battery goes dead at night and the amp light
1995 Ford E-150 Problems
The front end may make a rattle noise over bumps. There may be handling issues, and play in the front wheels on inspection. If there is up and down movement on the front wheels while the lower control arms are being supported, inspect the upper and lower ball joints for excessive play. These are prone to failure from moisture entry and lack of lubrication. The ball joints should be replaced as needed.
Electrolysis can cause repeated failures of the heater core and radiator. The diagnosing technician should check for voltage present in the coolant, with the battery disconnected, because electrical current in the coolant causes electrolysis. Corroded or deteriorated parts should be replaced, and the coolant should be flushed. Ground straps can be added to help prevent future corrosion of components.
In some cases with higher mileages, the Check Engine Light may come on due to insufficient Exhaust Gas Recirculation system (EGR) flow. For EGR flow concerns, the EGR valve is usually recommended for replacement and the intake manifold is removed to clean the EGR passages in the engine, which have clogged with carbon over time.
1995 Ford E-150 Questions
Had high idle 37mph down the road! I replaced the throttle position sensor and idles properly now, sounds great, installed new battery that night. Ran for 3 days sat for 2 days in below freezing weather. Finally started by pushing on and off the gas pedal and a continuous forward on the key. M...
When I brake the pedal goes to the floor. Puddle of brake fluid under steering. Need ballpark cost to fix.
Plus is replacing the transmission tailshaft seal easy to replace