1994 Ford E-150 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 Ford E-150
- Front End May Make Rattle Noise Over Bumps, Handling Issues
- Coolant Leakage from Heater Core, Possible Leakage onto Passenger Side Foot Well
- Check Engine Light Illumination for Insufficient Exhaust Gas Recirculation system (EGR) Flow
- Transmission Fluid Leaks from the Front of the Transmission Bell Housing
- Excessive Vibration Felt in Vehicle while Driving - Fluid Leaks from Rear of Transmission
- Air Bag Warning Light blinks on an off
- My car is a Ford falcon 1994 model and it won't start it seems to me it's not hp
- The oil gauge stopped working & the engine light lights up now. The van is a 6-cylinder,straight engine. Any suggestions?
- What is the rough price for a abs overhaul
- why wont my van start ? cranks over just fine but wont even attempt to fire.
1994 Ford E-150 Problems
The front end may make a rattle noise over bumps. There may be handling issues, and play in the front wheels on inspection. If there is up and down movement on the front wheels while the lower control arms are being supported, inspect the upper and lower ball joints for excessive play. These are prone to failure from moisture entry and lack of lubrication. The ball joints should be replaced as needed.
Electrolysis can cause repeated failures of the heater core and radiator. The diagnosing technician should check for voltage present in the coolant, with the battery disconnected, because electrical current in the coolant causes electrolysis. Corroded or deteriorated parts should be replaced, and the coolant should be flushed. Ground straps can be added to help prevent future corrosion of components.
In some cases with higher mileages, the Check Engine Light may come on due to insufficient Exhaust Gas Recirculation system (EGR) flow. For EGR flow concerns, the EGR valve is usually recommended for replacement and the intake manifold is removed to clean the EGR passages in the engine, which have clogged with carbon over time.
1994 Ford E-150 Questions
drove fine,next morning wont start.tested coil,ignition control module,replaced cap,rotor,replaced and gapped spark plugs,getting gas,pulled rear plug and grounded to make sure its sparking,made sure rotor is turning when u hit the key.Im stumped,dealer said it does not have a crank position sens...
Runs great, 129,000 miles. I want to travel with it. Is this a big problem as long as I add oil? Is there a fix?
1994 Ford E-150 Recalls
Ford has recalled certain 1992-1994 E and F Series vehicles due to improper tension in the accessory drive belt. On some vehicles, the belt can detach from the pulleys, which can cause multiple system failures. Dealers will install a new tensioner pulley, drive belt, belt guide, and idler pulley.