Explore Your 1993 Ford E-150
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for the 1993 Ford E-150
- Front End May Make Rattle Noise Over Bumps, Handling Issues
- Coolant Leakage from Heater Core, Possible Leakage onto Passenger Side Foot Well
- Check Engine Light Illumination for Insufficient Exhaust Gas Recirculation system (EGR) Flow
- Transmission Fluid Leaks from the Front of the Transmission Bell Housing
- Excessive Vibration Felt in Vehicle while Driving - Fluid Leaks from Rear of Transmission
- Airbag light blinking code 13 after alternator replacement...how do I reset?
- Side door-not sliding type-won't open.Pull handle nothing happens.How can I fix?
- the van shuts off after driving a few miles after cooling off for few minutes it
- why does my engine stall when hot? It may run fine then stall
- rusted frame where power steering unit attaches to frame
1993 Ford E-150 Problems
The front end may make a rattle noise over bumps. There may be handling issues, and play in the front wheels on inspection. If there is up and down movement on the front wheels while the lower control arms are being supported, inspect the upper and lower ball joints for excessive play. These are prone to failure from moisture entry and lack of lubrication. The ball joints should be replaced as needed.
Electrolysis can cause repeated failures of the heater core and radiator. The diagnosing technician should check for voltage present in the coolant, with the battery disconnected, because electrical current in the coolant causes electrolysis. Corroded or deteriorated parts should be replaced, and the coolant should be flushed. Ground straps can be added to help prevent future corrosion of components.
In some cases with higher mileages, the Check Engine Light may come on due to insufficient Exhaust Gas Recirculation system (EGR) flow. For EGR flow concerns, the EGR valve is usually recommended for replacement and the intake manifold is removed to clean the EGR passages in the engine, which have clogged with carbon over time.
1993 Ford E-150 Questions
The electrical lock/unlock functions work fine when I push either the lock or unlock buttons. When I pull on the door handle to open the side door, from inside the van or outside the van, nothing happens, in other words the opening mechanism doesn't move. I suspect a linkage problem from the...
I have a 1993 and 1994 Econoline 150 van. Both vans have rusted through right where the power steering unit attaches to the frame. I do not live in an area where salt is used on roads in winter. Has anyone else experienced this problem? My steering unit bolts pulled through the frame and left...
What is the correct way to get oil pan out so you can change oil pan gasket.
1993 Ford E-150 Recalls
1993 Ford E-150 Reviews
this van has steering problems since day one. returned it to the dealer the first week of ownership and many times since. checked specs on suspension and steering, aligned several times, replaced numerous suspension and steering parts including steering box, still wanders.
purchased 8 months ago with 113,500 miles cargo sad thing previous owner couldnt even do the basics i installed for first time of life of van cap rotor wires plugs 02 sensor shocks coils frt now feels like new no problem love every pennie invested very powerful and efficient 4.9 6 cyl everything was was factory sticker fomoc on parts
Great van ,except has leaking problem around rear of van, sealed around brake light, but van has a bad wandering problem, will sway very easy.Just put 100,000 miles on it took about 20 years to do that .Raining hard, cranked up fine, shut off, found badly burnt spot on EEC module by brake booster ,under hood. Part ordered, will look for short before new installation. Lights are dim, and engine...