1992 Ford E-150 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Ford E-150
- Front End May Make Rattle Noise Over Bumps, Handling Issues
- Coolant Leakage from Heater Core, Possible Leakage onto Passenger Side Foot Well
- Check Engine Light Illumination for Insufficient Exhaust Gas Recirculation system (EGR) Flow
- Transmission Fluid Leaks from the Front of the Transmission Bell Housing
- Excessive Vibration Felt in Vehicle while Driving - Fluid Leaks from Rear of Transmission
- My 1992 Ford Econoline E-150 feels like it is missing. Jerking off and on.
- van sputters and bogs in hot weather
- my van runs great in the cooler weather but in hot it sputters and bogs
- my ford van when driving down road kinda jerks like its cutting in and out
- most of the time motor starts ok,many times rough idle
1992 Ford E-150 Problems
The front end may make a rattle noise over bumps. There may be handling issues, and play in the front wheels on inspection. If there is up and down movement on the front wheels while the lower control arms are being supported, inspect the upper and lower ball joints for excessive play. These are prone to failure from moisture entry and lack of lubrication. The ball joints should be replaced as needed.
Electrolysis can cause repeated failures of the heater core and radiator. The diagnosing technician should check for voltage present in the coolant, with the battery disconnected, because electrical current in the coolant causes electrolysis. Corroded or deteriorated parts should be replaced, and the coolant should be flushed. Ground straps can be added to help prevent future corrosion of components.
In some cases with higher mileages, the Check Engine Light may come on due to insufficient Exhaust Gas Recirculation system (EGR) flow. For EGR flow concerns, the EGR valve is usually recommended for replacement and the intake manifold is removed to clean the EGR passages in the engine, which have clogged with carbon over time.
1992 Ford E-150 Questions
I just bought this van and it ran fine for a Very short time. Now it keeps jerking jumping like it is missing spark or wants to stall, but it never stalls Ferels like I am going down a bumpy road in a way. It is very annoying and I am worried it will just get worse. Any easy fixes or is this some...
my van runs great in cool weather but sputters and boggs , runs very slow in hot weather,but when the nite temp cools we can bring it home . can't seem to fix the problem .we have changed the fuel filter and a sensor i'm not sure which one
how can I fix this
1992 Ford E-150 Recalls
Ford has recalled certain 1992-1994 E and F Series vehicles due to improper tension in the accessory drive belt. On some vehicles, the belt can detach from the pulleys, which can cause multiple system failures. Dealers will install a new tensioner pulley, drive belt, belt guide, and idler pulley.