1990 Ford E-150 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Ford E-150
- Front End May Make Rattle Noise Over Bumps, Handling Issues
- Coolant Leakage from Heater Core, Possible Leakage onto Passenger Side Foot Well
- Check Engine Light Illumination for Insufficient Exhaust Gas Recirculation system (EGR) Flow
- Transmission Fluid Leaks from the Front of the Transmission Bell Housing
- Excessive Vibration Felt in Vehicle while Driving - Fluid Leaks from Rear of Transmission
- I'm getting no power to anything. There is 10.5 across the battery and across the starter selonoid. Seems to be a power supply isse. Any suggestions?
- my trailer wire harness has no power is there a fuse or relay located somewhere
- Y would van stall while driving but not during idle. Then wont start
- I'm frustrated! My 1990 econoline van 5.0l won't start after tuneup
- how to troubleshoot short in fuse box. just keeps blowing fuses
1990 Ford E-150 Problems
The front end may make a rattle noise over bumps. There may be handling issues, and play in the front wheels on inspection. If there is up and down movement on the front wheels while the lower control arms are being supported, inspect the upper and lower ball joints for excessive play. These are prone to failure from moisture entry and lack of lubrication. The ball joints should be replaced as needed.
Electrolysis can cause repeated failures of the heater core and radiator. The diagnosing technician should check for voltage present in the coolant, with the battery disconnected, because electrical current in the coolant causes electrolysis. Corroded or deteriorated parts should be replaced, and the coolant should be flushed. Ground straps can be added to help prevent future corrosion of components.
In some cases with higher mileages, the Check Engine Light may come on due to insufficient Exhaust Gas Recirculation system (EGR) flow. For EGR flow concerns, the EGR valve is usually recommended for replacement and the intake manifold is removed to clean the EGR passages in the engine, which have clogged with carbon over time.
1990 Ford E-150 Questions
just replace the harness it was in bad shape can't find a fuse or relay to reset please help
Thing runs decent but kills a battery while goin down the road lights flicker but it runs at an idle with positive cablw off of battery so that tells me the alternator is workn or it would die rite?
I changed the distributor cap and rotor,spark plugs and wires. Before I did all that it was running
1990 Ford E-150 Recalls
1990 Ford E-150 Reviews
my ford E150 club wagon with only 46'000 on it the fuel guage dont work and the temp guage dont work can any one help thanks