1996 Dodge Avenger Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Dodge Avenger
- My idle accelerates up and down when I turn the wheels either way. Why is that?
- Is it good for the ground wire on map sensor harness to show 0 when tested?
- My 96 dodge avenger 4cyl automatic wont shift
- my car won't start, when i turn the key it turns over but won't start why?
- I replaced the front axle on my car but then I took it for a test drive the
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1996 Dodge Avenger Problems
The automatic transmission can develop problems like erratic shifting, rough shifting, or delayed gear engagement. Repairs for many of these problems are outlined in service bulletins.
A defective vehicle speed sensor can cause problems with the cruise control and speedometer operation, as well as erratic shifting. The connectors on the sensors are also susceptible to corrosion, which will create similar symptoms. Any of these problems can cause Check Engine Light illumination.
1996 Dodge Avenger Questions
it wont shift out of second. it run fine but just wont shift.
when i turn the key it sounds like there is no gas going to fuel pump to start it, could it be a sensor or do i need a new fuel pump? if i need a fuel pump how much are they and how much to install? my car has been broken down since October 2012. i went to start it 3 days later and it wouldn'...
1996 Dodge Avenger Recalls
1996 Dodge Avenger Reviews
I spent all day on replacing the rubber seals to my lower manifold that the fuel injectors seat into and still I smell gas?
i have owned my car for 4 years now. i love this car. i have had it in places i thought a car would never go...and still not tore anything under it up, the moter is great. my car just need a few sensors and minor work on the body(beneath the doors) but other than that it drives good, it handles pretty good..better than most..o far it has not let me down . the transmission hasn't slipped a bit ...